First Time ROM Install, Newbie Alert

droided1

Reaction score
Evening Gents,
Ive decided to try a ROM out, going with ApeX 1.3.1. I am completely stock right now, with latest OTA update. Bit nervous about doing it, my X is my only cell phone (no need for land line), so Im trying to make sure Ive got my ducks in a row before I attempt it tonight. I was wondering if anyone can point me to some links or offer up information to ensure Im successful in this transition. Starting with literally step one (backing up, etc;) whatever I should do to make this all work, what I'll need, etc; I'd greatly appreciate any help and support getting this going. I know I can do the search, trying to make this easy for myself by having one post I made to refer to when Im working this out. Again, thanks in advance for any help.

OP
droided1

droided1

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Gare.
Working on z4root right now, phones rebooting. After reading ahead, confused on the steps. After rooting, I then work the backup phase, followed by going with the ROM? From the reading Ive done, I thought getting the SBF was a pretty important process. Wrong assumption? Anyways, driving on with this now... I'll update as I complete the steps.

arhicken

Reaction score
just make sure you have backup I would look into gummyjar over apex but if you want some blur apex is nice but apex was a little buggy for me

OP
droided1

droided1

Reaction score
Having issues finding the .apk for the DroidXBootstrap. Im all over My Brain Hurts: Code and Applications and go to the DroidXBootstrap, but Im not finding the .apk file. Anyone got another source (without going through Market)?