Fire Phone Off-Contract Pricing seems high!

Discussion in 'Amazon Android Phones & Tablets' started by danDroid, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Caesars

Caesars Senior Member

Ratings:
    +100
    Facebook phone 3.0

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

2. grenefroggie

grenefroggie Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +471
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Nexus 5
    Rolling out across all carriers for a company like Amazon that has little real experience in designing, building, marketing and selling a phone is not cost effective. Verizon and Sprint have silly CDMA radios in their phones meaning they have to pass silly tests and subject themselves to Verizon's demand to brand everything. T-Mo probably didn't want to support the thing being that they are too busy with Sprint trying to buy them and pushing the uncarrier movement. AT&T has the resources to help with a phone design and network certification.

Apple was successful doing it with AT&T. Amazon isn't large, but I am sure Amazon diehards will want the phone.

If the carriers are buying Samsung and Apple phones they are paying a pretty penny because customers want them. As for anyone else, they do what they can to get the carrier's attention.

• Like Like x 2
  3. NOVICE

NOVICE Active Member

Ratings:
    +32
    The off-contract price is not just disappointing it's insane. My Note 3 was 700$ and the Fire doesn't compare. The subsidized price is equally ridiculous.

Look for some drastic discounting.