Amazon Fire Phone vs the Samsung Galaxy S5

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let the debate begin.. How do you think the Amazon Fire Phone stacks up against the Samsung Galaxy S5?

feverhost

Reaction score
Well let's see...

S5 is larger, weighs less, has a better resolution, has better pixel density, screen is better, has a larger camera, the camcorder is 4K, system chip and processor is faster, better battery, and you can pick it up for as cheap as $99 on contract.

Fire Phone is tied perfectly into their own ecosystem (ala Apple), has Dynamic Perspective (3D it's not).

Based on specs I don't see it as being a better phone. S5 is one of the best phones out there, IMHO. Amazon comes in close to the iPhone 5S instead of the Samsung S5.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I think the price will drop after a month just as they do with all phones and it will have decent sales. I also think if the specs would have been up there with today's high end devices like the S5,G3,M8 etc, a lot more people would be interested.
It'll be interesting to see if Amazon can stay afloat in such a competitive market, but I think if anyone can, they can.

feverhost

Reaction score
Being it their first phone, I think it's decent. It's not over the top, crazy specs like some people thought. It's a decent middle of the market phone. That being said, they have a lot of room to upgrade and I'm quite sure they will. Their Kindle Fire tablets definitely upgraded over time from the original.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
The S5 has a better screen and horsepower. Can't say much more till we find out what Amazon has done to the OS. I do like this May thingy thing. Try calling Sammy, Moto etc or your carrier and have them answer in 15 seconds.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
This video makes a lot of sense. It also answers a question I didn't see mentioned anywhere else, (can you guess what it is?) That and lack of expandable memory is a deal killer for me.

[video=youtube;6trOg2IK2Zg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6trOg2IK2Zg[/video]

Thinkfreshdell

Reaction score
I agree S5>Amazon Fire Phone, but if you do use amazon as a main source of shopping around the free 12 month prime will come in handy. Like some one stated above its there first phone, and i believe if anyone has room to improve it'll be amazon.

M8>S5 :)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I agree S5>Amazon Fire Phone, but if you do use amazon as a main source of shopping around the free 12 month prime will come in handy. Like some one stated above its there first phone, and i believe if anyone has room to improve it'll be amazon.

M8>S5 :)
As a long time Amazon Prime customer who shops frequently at Amazon, it is well worth the $89/yr. Sure, "free" Prime is nice, but having to buy a much more expensive and an unproven device, isn't worth the "free" Prime membership.

Amazon is definitely trying to expand and their phone was that next step. Not too crazy about their OS as it's tied so much around their ecosystem, but it's a proven model, just ask Apple. If Amazon can get over that initial hump I'm sure there will be great success down the line for them in the smartphone arena.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
After my experiences with the Fire tablet user interface I wouldn't choose it over any phone, regardless of its specs or even if it had free lifetime Prime. I'm not into the whole hacking my system thing but it's Amazon is less user friendly, to me, than even ios. The ui is the deal breaker for me. It's too much like using my daughter's Leap Pad Ultra

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk