Finally Rooted. What rom is the best?

Reaction score
Ok well I finally got my thunderbolt rooted after a week and a half of having problems with my computer not detecting my phone. Now that I got it rooted what is the best ROM to run. I know everyone has their own opinions but Im open to hear them. Thanks guys

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is no best rom for any phone.

Although lot of people seem to like the DasBAMF Rom but I have heard good things about Liquid Thunderbread.

skipbl92

Reaction score
I have the D1 and use Liquids ROM's and they are awesome, so I can only assume Liquid's ROM's for Thunderbolt would be awesome as well.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
B
Reaction score
Ok Im new to this. I have been reading about all this stuff and trying to grab the concept of it all. So would it be best if I just left it in the stock version of being rooted? What if I did the verizon OTA updates? Will I still be rooted after that? Can I get a different radio while being on the stock rom? Like the MR2 or is that already on there.

S

scrub175

Liquid thunderbread 2.3. Completely AOSP. File size 67 MB. Battery life amazing. If you like sense ui this doesn't have it.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucas5

Reaction score
I really like the dasBamf roms coupled with Imoseyon's kernels. DasBamf with Sense 3.0 RC4 is VERY nice. Be sure to make a nand backup using Clockwork Recovery than try a variety of roms and stick with the one that you like the best.

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I love gingerth3ory. Fast great battery life and he updates the ROM and only puts out what he feels is good. Plus he is always around to help out if you need. I would suggest trying gingerth3ory.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

catfisher

Reaction score
Liberty GB...I have tried a couple different ones but always go back to Liberty and now I can't leave it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ultrastigi

Reaction score
Liberty GB...I have tried a couple different ones but always go back to Liberty and now I can't leave it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Liberty isn't on tb .... Wish it was cuz that's all I used on my dx

AlexSB

Reaction score
I love gingerth3ory. Fast great battery life and he updates the ROM and only puts out what he feels is good. Plus he is always around to help out if you need. I would suggest trying gingerth3ory.

I'm loving the sense 3.0, but does gingerth3ory have it? I'm thinking of testing out the rom. I'm on das bamf 3.0 right now

AWESOMEbolt

ultrastigi

Reaction score
He has some sense. It's a great ROM. Doesn't hurt to try it. That's the great thing bout these phones is that we have choices. :)

goresnet

Reaction score

Is gingerth3ory sense, 3.0, blur, or something different? And, no, I don't fully know what I'm talking about!

ultrastigi

Reaction score

Is gingerth3ory sense, 3.0, blur, or something different? And, no, I don't fully know what I'm talking about!

Blur is MOTO. Like MOTO blur. It's their bloatware. At least that's what I assume when I see blur.

Sense is HTC. Gingerth3ory ROM has some sense but just enough. Like he has the lock ring the launcher and widgets. But he did take out a lot. I think it had the perfect amount.

Either roms has a lot of sense or none. If you want some sense go with gibgerth3ory. If you want none he has another ROM called inj3ected or something. Has no sense at all. I mean with all these roms you can try them if you don't like them switch. Everyone is gonna have a different view on roms.

goresnet

Reaction score
Sense, blur, etc. are like the GUI? The eye candy on top of the os?