Fed up with the Verizon Gnex support?!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The Nexus isn't their flagship phone, let alone part of their flagship Droid lineup. I understand your frustration with them regarding the Nexus, but I do recall a few petitions going regarding this topic since the release, nothing has changed.

I highly recommend, and if you're comfortable in doing so, is to look to our wonderful dev community. Where Verizon has failed, devs have answered the calls. You want the true "Google experience"? Well then look to the dev community, Google certainly did.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Well, Sprint today "officially" announced the OTA for their GNex. I could be mistaken, but I think this scenario played out last time. Sprint released and Verizon was soon after. One can only hope.

But as dezymond stated there are alternative options to getting JB today.

Last edited:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon never cared about the Nexus.

They make much more money selling the RAZR line. Go into any store - you will even see the Galaxy S III in the corner with the Nexus and their latest five types of RAZR for sale.

But my Nexus works well enough. So no huge complaints. Would like to see Jelly Bean but I don't even know why.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I can understand the frustrations of those having actual issues, but not for the JB update.
JB really isn't special. It is not leaps and bounds over ICS.

The Nexus will get JB and Verizon never promised timely updates for the Nexus.
The community promised timely updates because it's a Nexus. To them that meant updates directly from google with no interference from Verizon, obviously that's not the case.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree. My Nexus is set up the way I like it and works just fine. No major complaints.

I considered getting a Galaxy S III since I'm making some great cases for it but in the end it would be a major pain to move everything over and it doesn't seem like a big upgrade at all.

By the way we do make the best Galaxy Nexus Screen protectors you can get - called Just Like Glass - DBA Cases - Just like Glass® Screen Protector (Galaxy Nexus)

I can understand the frustrations of those having actual issues, but not for the JB update.
JB really isn't special. It is not leaps and bounds over ICS.

The Nexus will get JB and Verizon never promised timely updates for the Nexus.
The community promised timely updates because it's a Nexus. To them that meant updates directly from google with no interference from Verizon, obviously that's not the case.

OP
M

Mjas1016

Reaction score
The principal

First off the Nexus is a google flagship phone. That means that Verizon shouldn't sell it as anything less. Second, the root of the petition is the principal of the whole situation. Phone companies muscling us around however they please. Why should I have to put my phone at risk just to get JB, and update that has been out for months now? It is ridiculous. Think of any other business plan in lets say the fast food industry for instance. That would be like Mcdonalds advertising the monopoly stickers months up to four months in advance! Even that is sort of a poor excuse.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Google does not have the power over Verizon like Apple does, plain and simple. They allowed Verizon to have control over the Nexus and that's what we get. We all know the Nexus is supposed to be a Google experience phone, but the Verizon version is far from it, and this has been fact since before it was released after all the delays. On to your second point, unfortunately, we at DF make up a very very small percentage of the smartphone community, though I'm sure you've spread the word to others.

So yes, many of us agree with what you're petitioning for, but all the past efforts have been futile. I signed your petition in hopes of maybe something happening, but my hopes aren't high at all. I applaud your effort into fighting for the small percentage who demand complete control of their device. Said this over and over again, Verizon has botched the Nexus since before it released and it won't get better anytime soon. So again, you want the Nexus experience? Turn to the devs. It's one of the main reasons why this phone is still around and it's the main reason why we love the Nexus, at least most of us here at DF. Rooting, ROMing, customizing, it's all part of the addiction of the "Nexus".

MonKENy

Reaction score
wait wait wait. I just bought the verizon nexus..its not JB? What issues is verizon phones having? I may return it if these are the issues as im a little pissed at the cost. it went from 49.99 at the then they added a $30 "upgrade free" THEN w/taxes came to over $100 its frustrating how these carriers screw us around. Im all for the petition. I may return the phone and be done.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Thin Grip's are now in stock! I'll have much better pictures late tonight but they can be ordered anytime!

Unfortunately only for the S III.... don't even get one for myself on my GN...

DBA Cases - Thin Grip

MonKENy

Reaction score
I've had it since December and it's worked fine. Paid $300 - best phone I've ever had.

Nothing we pay $300 for ever "work fine" It should be the coolest damn thing my fingers have ever slid across. Thats the problem people settling for products that are "just fine" but cost "great"

The Thin Grip's are now in stock! I'll have much better pictures late tonight but they can be ordered anytime!

Unfortunately only for the S III.... don't even get one for myself on my GN...

DBA Cases - Thin Grip

im not a mod nor am I pretending to be but maybe this isnt the greatest thread to be trying to sell things in?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
No worries..

SSHGuru
user-online.png

Supporting Vendor

MonKENy

Reaction score
BUT since you brought it up, the website has some good aesthetics but some parts dont work. Im not getting pictures for your items and the text in the description is just like a wall of text. Im at this page DBA Cases - Complere Ultra Snow / Black for reference. Im using Chrome 21.0.1180.89 m if it matters? I was trying to look at your items but thats what happened. You might not be coded for chome, or it may be something else. Also do you only do cases for the nexus? I didnt see options for phone type in there at all but that link does say nexus.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I went to t mobile today. And also spoke to Verizon about how much my plan will be in the future when I'm out of contract.

It's literally a 100 dollar difference and in T-Mobile I'd have unlimited internet while with Verizon I'd have 4gb shared.