Featured: The Quality of Android Market Apps Really is Pathetically Low

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is the downside to Google. Open, but fragmented, crappy apps, malware, etc...

That's the price you pay to be able to root and play with your phone, have more hardware choices, etc...

If Apple releases an iPhone that has a large screen, has 4G and a couple other features, I would go back.

I left my iPhone and AT&T because I got tired of 8-10 dropped calls a day, and the screen is just too small for watching movies and browsing. Even texting is hard when you have large hands.

But now that they are on Verizon, all I would need to switch back to an iPhone is a 4.3" or larger screen, and 4G.

I like my Droid X, but both it and my girlfriend's TB have the rebooting issue. Always have, doesn't matter what version of Android is on there. Also, she can't use 4G or her 2750mAh extended batter goes dead in less than 4 hours.

So needless to say, while we like the lack of dropped calls and the phones are better for browsing and watching movies, they reboot alot, they are not as refined, the choice of apps is less and Android just isn't as strong as iOS when it comes to stability.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
That is the downside to Google. Open, but fragmented, crappy apps, malware, etc...

That's the price you pay to be able to root and play with your phone, have more hardware choices, etc...

If Apple releases an iPhone that has a large screen, has 4G and a couple other features, I would go back.

I left my iPhone and AT&T because I got tired of 8-10 dropped calls a day, and the screen is just too small for watching movies and browsing. Even texting is hard when you have large hands.

But now that they are on Verizon, all I would need to switch back to an iPhone is a 4.3" or larger screen, and 4G.

I like my Droid X, but both it and my girlfriend's TB have the rebooting issue. Always have, doesn't matter what version of Android is on there. Also, she can't use 4G or her 2750mAh extended batter goes dead in less than 4 hours.

So needless to say, while we like the lack of dropped calls and the phones are better for browsing and watching movies, they reboot alot, they are not as refined, the choice of apps is less and Android just isn't as strong as iOS when it comes to stability.

But its a phone, meant for calling. Thats a category the iPhone fails terribly in.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
But its a phone, meant for calling. Thats a category the iPhone fails terribly in.

Yeah, but the dropped call issue was more related to AT&T than it was to the iPhone. It was just that for the longest time, they went hand in hand because of the exclusivity deal. I had dropped calls left and right with my Samsung smart phones before the iPhone, so nothing changed.

The iPhone is just too small for it to be a real multimedia device. I don't care how many pixles the Retina display has, if it stays the size of a postage stamp like it has been for 4 years now, I have no use for it.

But make an iPhone with a 4.3" Retina display, lots of memory and 4G, and put it on VZW, and I will consider it.

jfeldredge

Reaction score
The same apps show up multiple times, as well. If you search for a particular keyword (such as "alarm clock"), some apps show up three or four times in the list. I don't know if this means that the app was uploaded multiple times by the developer, with each upload being given a different ID, or whether the Android Market is doing this deliberately so that they can boast about having a greater number of apps available.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
My wife's VZW iPhone drops calls ALL THE TIME. Drives us both nuts.
And she constantly cuts in and out.

Well, it did until we bought her a bumper. But I thought the VZW iPhone didn't have that problem?!?!
:D

iPhones are nice an all but until they support memory cards I would never consider one. And we know Apple will never do that.

As for the topic, who cares? Might habve to sift through some crap to find gold but ... that's just like life! hahaha

margareth

Reaction score
What can increase the android market increasingly viewed people? dancedroid

dot.png

jfeldredge

Reaction score
I don't understand your question, Margareth. Are you asking, how can we increase the number of people who view (and buy from) Android Market? The obvious answer is to have applications available that people will want to use.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums