Favorite contacts keep disappearing

Mark16q

Reaction score
I keep adding my favorite contacts to the HTC widget page, and they randomly disappear. Once in awhile they come back, but for the most part I have to keep adding them. Anybody else have this / or know why it's happening?

thanks,

Mark

OP
M

Mark16q

Reaction score
I gave up on that widget and created shortcuts to each of my most used favorites. These seem to survive when I sync and easier to use / change.

Mark

gamebird

Reaction score
When you say favorites I am assuming you mean favorite contacts? It's happening to me too!!

I have been told by Verison (after they replaces my phone and it happened on the new phone) that it may be the third party program I am syncing with...what contact/calendar program are you syncing with?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hated that widget. It seemed to have a mind of its own. I got my Eris on 12/24, and had removed that widget by 12/28.

gamebird

Reaction score
disappearing contacts

Funny my contacts disappear ONLY in the favorites widget!! But the pictures I apply dissappear from the contacts themselves, while the contacts stay intact...I can watch them disappear!! If anybody has a clue i would appreciate it!!

Bluehand

Reaction score
Funny my contacts disappear ONLY in the favorites widget!! But the pictures I apply dissappear from the contacts themselves, while the contacts stay intact...I can watch them disappear!! If anybody has a clue i would appreciate it!!

Are you logged into FaceBook on your phone?
I took the time to take pictures of key contacts to make it easier for my young boys to call relatives in case of an emergency. Then, since I was logged into FB, some of the custom contact picture were replaced with the individual's FB profile picture. Frustrating!

Now the picture's seem to hold. I don't use FB on my phone and quit using the favorite's widget. *(Shortcuts to call are much more reliable.)

gamebird

Reaction score
I had that experience too - with Facebook - those pictures replacing the ones i was trying to place in my contacts...annoying to say the least. I am loath to even set up Facebook as the contacts somehow integrated themselves with my regular contacts and i had to delete them all and start over.

I did find a great program that allows you to selectively delete (including delete ALL) contacts - called Contact Remover.

Meantime, bummer! I get a phone call and instead of seeing the caller's picture, i see the android logo.

gamebird

Reaction score
Now it seems my ringtone settings for contacts are also disappearing!! So i never know who's calling - have to put on my reading glasses to find out!!Jeez!!

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
This happens occasionally to me as well but they reappear after I restart my Eris.