FastBoot is fast....slow boot...not so much (5 minutes).

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Did a search but didn't come up with anything...so here it goes. Have had my Rezound for 2 1/2 weeks. It's bone stock though I do have a lot of apps. Not a ton of running widgets but some (10 total). I am new to HTC so I didn't know that there were boot up settings and by default it's set on FastBoot. As the name implies, it is VERY fast...maybe 30-40 seconds.

After doing some research I've heard it is best to leave Fastboot off (I think Mr. Smith was the one who recommended not running it). He stated that you only gain about 30 seconds in boot time with Fastboot. Well, not in my case. The first time I shut my phone off...then turned it on in slow boot I thought my phone was broken....it sat at the 4G screen for eternity...long enough for me to pull the battery. I then waited after I did a battery pull and it FINALLY came to life. After two timed tests, it is still very slow....taking a bit over FIVE minutes to boot up. My question is, is this normal? :blink: Once it does boot up it is fast...no issues at all. I don't plan on shutting her down often so it's not a HUGE issue, but just curious as to what is an average boot up time in non fast boot mode.

Cheers!

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
After turning off Fastboot, the first boot may be very slow. But all others should be about 1-2 minutes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

OP
S

svdroiddude

Reaction score
After turning off Fastboot, the first boot may be very slow. But all others should be about 1-2 minutes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I was kinda thinking the same thing...that it was a first time deal, but nope. Every time it's just over 5 minutes before it gets off the 4GLTE. Well, all our phones have their quirks...and as long as it doesn't have to re-boot often I'm OK.:biggrin:

Insidious

Reaction score
I was kinda thinking the same thing...that it was a first time deal, but nope. Every time it's just over 5 minutes before it gets off the 4GLTE. Well, all our phones have their quirks...and as long as it doesn't have to re-boot often I'm OK.:biggrin:

Jeez! Maybe a factory reset or cache wipe will cure it?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
S

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Jeez! Maybe a factory reset or cache wipe will cure it?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Hate to do a full factory reset when otherwise the phone is working perfectly. I use History Eraser to clear cache....is there a better way? Now one thing I thought of was SD card speed. When I set up my phone I swapped my SD card from my DX to the Rezound...both are 16g. Is it possible the Rezound card is "faster"? I have almost 1000 songs on the SD card.

Thanks!