May have soft bricked my Rezound

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by DriodDude, Aug 14, 2012.

1. DriodDude

DriodDude Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Last night I flashed newts one xxx 3.2.1, then the 3.2.1 update, then the boot img for rls 2+. I followed these directions from XDA after having trouble getting it to boot. When I flashed the boot img, it brought me back to HBoot and asked if I wanted to install the update, so I hit yes. The rom booted up just fine, but then about ninety seconds after it's booted up, it reboots. This happens every time the rom boots. I can use the phone as normal, up until it reboots. When I boot back into HBoot, there is no option to boot to recovery, it still asks me if I want to install the update. If I hit yes, it installs it, boots up and the same reboot problem ensues. If I hit no, it just reboots back into the rom and the same reboot problem ensues.

All help is appreciated.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  2. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator Premium Member

Ratings:
    +31
    This is either due to the firmware not being compatible(ICS ROM with GB firmware) which is solved by the old firmware patch or you need to re-flash the kernel. Sometimes when you flash the kernel you may not see the "Mainver error" this is solved by the mainver fix.

3. DriodDude

DriodDude Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had an early version of Clean ROM ICS before this, so I wouldn't think it's firmware incompatibility.

How would I go about flashing a zip if I don't have access to recovery? Should flashing a new recovery get rid of the 'apply update' message i get in HBoot? That's all i can seem to find.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  4. DriodDude

DriodDude Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, issue resolved, for now. I threw the sd card into my laptop and there was a new file named PH98IMG.zip that I had not put there myself. I deleted the file, and when i plugged it back into the rezound, it stopped asking me if I wanted to "install the update" in HBoot. Now that I had access to recovery, I reflashed the rom > update > boot img, and it booted up just fine. However, this was all done without a verizon account attatched to the Rezound. I'm not sure if if that made a difference or not, I guess I'll find out soon. But now, it doesn't restart on it's own.

Search tags for this page

bricked htc rezound

hboot img rezound
how to fix a bricked htc one s

how to fix bricked htc rezound

htc rezound boot.img

htc rezound soft brick

htx rezound bricked
no firmware to boot into rezound

rezound flash boot.img

soft bricked htc rezound