Fascinate vs. Incredible

smokie11

Reaction score
I like my phone very much, however I will quietly and without a fuss strike Samsung from access to my future earnings. If/when I buy another Samsung product it will be a cold day in hell.

Samsung makes excellent products, and according to your consumer agreement, they don't have to upgrade your phone at all. Besides, you always have the option to root.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Sir you are absolutely correct, Samsung owes me nothing, I don't owe Samsung anything either. A consumer has very little actual power over the actions of giant corporations, however I do have control over who gets my consumer dollars. A dead dog is not required, Samsung's robotic responses to my many inquiries were insulting because they refused to answer with a simple yes or no to my polite very simple question: Is Samsung planning to update my Fascinate to Froyo? A very simple No, we are not, or Yes we are working on it. I could have respected either answer, the answers I recieved were a computer generated paragraph full of non sense, I guess that's when they "killed my dog".:)

Kanibull

Reaction score
the galaxy s phones in general have actually benchmarked faster than any other phones out there. Incredible cant compete with speed. I think by storage space the other guy meant the internal and sd pre-installed sd card combined

both phones just out of the box, unmodified, the dinc wins in everything but gaming in terms of benchmarks

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Sir you are absolutely correct, Samsung owes me nothing, I don't owe Samsung anything either. A consumer has very little actual power over the actions of giant corporations, however I do have control over who gets my consumer dollars. A dead dog is not required, Samsung's robotic responses to my many inquiries were insulting because they refused to answer with a simple yes or no to my polite very simple question: Is Samsung planning to update my Fascinate to Froyo? A very simple No, we are not, or Yes we are working on it. I could have respected either answer, the answers I recieved were a computer generated paragraph full of non sense, I guess that's when they "killed my dog".:)

That's the thing - Samsung has said all along it's getting froyo, but you were apparently spamming their service # with phone calls. For what?? What does it matter when they release it? It's like a kid "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we..." etc.

I don't see all this vitriol for Windows updates...

It's a shame. Samsung makes great products, including the fascinate, which functions as well or better than other smartphones. Go look at the othet phone threads: LOADS of problems. Who exactly are you gonna "get your consumer dollars" then? HTC? Motorola? Apple? Each comes with their own issues.

You've got a really good one. Chill out and take it for what it is. Froyo will be here soon - and maybe since the build has been out awhile, the update will be sans the glitches it inflicted and app comapatibility problems on other phones.

AllForNaught

Reaction score
both phones just out of the box, unmodified, the dinc wins in everything but gaming in terms of benchmarks

Lol! Well, the gaming benchmark happens to be the most accurate one regarding a phones processing capabilities, since they use the most ram, and cpu/gpu computing.

smokie11

Reaction score
Samsung has never answered my only question. Are you going to update the Fascinate to Froyo? Notice how clear and consise my question is. There is no mention of WHEN. A simple polite yes or no is all I required ONCE. It never happened. The long winded non-answers were insulting.

I don't see how much clearer I can make myself. My one question does not constitute spam...perhaps to you it does. By the way would you be kind enough to direct me to the source from Samsung that states Samsung will update Fascinate to Froyo. Thanks.

Last edited: