Fascinate vs. Incredible

ajcscan

Reaction score
How different are the two phones? Which is better? What does one have that the other doesn't?
Thanks for your time.

Sent from my Incredible using the DroidForum App

Reaction score
The fascinate has a lot more storage space. Check it out. Both on phone and with the sdcard. Fascinate will give you a little more screen size, and I believe it actually weighs less. Fascinate doez not have an indicator led, or a trackball. It does have waaaaaayyyyy better battery life and that might be a deal breaker for many people. Camera photo quality might be same, but audio and HD video on fascinate are top of the line. But is that worth the cost to you? :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
The Fascinate has more storage space?
Incredible ROM: 512MB, RAM: 512MB DDR
Fascinate Flash: 512MB, RAM: 384MB

The Incredible has an 8.0mb camera, the Fascinate is 5.0mb. And IIRC, the Fascinate is still on 2.1 Android while the Incredible is on 2.2 Froyo. Big difference for those wanting full Flash.

The Fascinate has also been benchmarking slower than the Incredible. Battery life is supposed to be better on it, though.

Size and weight difference is negligible.

Wadzii

Reaction score
I have had both.. the incredible went back in 2 weeks. the smallish screen and terrible battery life (even with upgraded battery) of the incredible were deal breakers. The incredible takes FOREVER to recharge. I had it in the car charging for over 2 hours the last day I had the phone. It died in 30 mins of taking it off the charger.

the fascinate is limited by 2.1 at the moment, I'm confident the devs will fix that soon. Everything else about the fascinate is better than the incredible. the screen, the battery, the speed is very similar, you wouldnt really notice the difference.

the camera's are of similar quality, the incredible camera is faster but both produce very good pictures.. WAY better than that of my Droid 1

benchmarks are pretty useless.. my d1 is overclocked to 1.1 ghz and benchmarks way ahead of the incredible i had and the fascinate, in daily use they all feel the same.

Will Survive

Reaction score
Fascinate does have way better battery life than the incredible. Incredible does have more storage space. Incredible has an 8mp camera and the fascinate has a 5mp camera but the fascinate shoots pics alot clearer than the incredible for some reason. Incredible way easier to root and unroot on PC or MAC using unrevoked tool whereas the fascinate easy to root but unroot only available on PC via Odin. Thats the reason why I haven't rooted my new fascinate because i'm on a MAC. Plus u have to be more careful on uploading kernals on fascinate compared to the incredible. Screen on fascinate is amazing compared to the incredible. I guess it just comes down to preference. I had my incredible for 6 months before switching to the fascinate due to external speaker blowing 5 times. Enough was enough. Thought it was time for a change and to tell u the truth they are not much different. Love both phones!! Just wish a program like unrevoked be available for the fascinate but I think the number of developers is small on the fascinate side compared to the incredible side... IDK... Fascinate development needs to be more MAC friendly IMO...

IamGov

Reaction score
Fascinate does have way better battery life than the incredible. Incredible does have more storage space. Incredible has an 8mp camera and the fascinate has a 5mp camera but the fascinate shoots pics alot clearer than the incredible for some reason. Incredible way easier to root and unroot on PC or MAC using unrevoked tool whereas the fascinate easy to root but unroot only available on PC via Odin. Thats the reason why I haven't rooted my new fascinate because i'm on a MAC. Plus u have to be more careful on uploading kernals on fascinate compared to the incredible. Screen on fascinate is amazing compared to the incredible. I guess it just comes down to preference. I had my incredible for 6 months before switching to the fascinate due to external speaker blowing 5 times. Enough was enough. Thought it was time for a change and to tell u the truth they are not much different. Love both phones!! Just wish a program like unrevoked be available for the fascinate but I think the number of developers is small on the fascinate side compared to the incredible side... IDK... Fascinate development needs to be more MAC friendly IMO...

Ummm...what about z4root on the market? Seemless one click to root and one click unroot. Also market has one click lag fix. Where did you get the "need Mac or PC to unroot"?
Sent via my Fascinate on the Droidforums app.
Owned D1, Incred, X, D2, and the Fascinate is the best.

joe3681

Reaction score
I returned an Incredible for a Fascinate. The battery life was fine (you have to know how to charge properly. i.e. let it die totally and charge it past full, up to 3 times if needed once a month and espcially when new). However, I had CRAP signal when my wife's cheap ass Ally had 3 bars of 3G, I had 1 or 2 bars of 1X. When I was returning it there was a Verizon rep at the store stocking phones and she said the HTC will be the best for everything EXCEPT it's the worst phone they have for signal reception. (Which is big to me when I use Pandora all night I'm at work). Rooting the Incredible never happened. I got an OTA update right away and didn't know with that update it breaks root ability. The group working on a fix hasn't updated the status of their work since soon after I got the phone, and never released anything that I know.

Fascinate feels cheaper built than Incredible
Fascinate takes better pics (MP isn't everything. Dont let 8 vs 5 sway you)
I had an Incredible with LCD screen (Some have LED) and it looked much better than the Fascinate even though the LED screen of the Fascinate is bigger, Inc has higher res.

If you have full signal 3G everywhere you go, go with the incredible, otherwise I'd honestly go with the Fascinate.

scottjew

Reaction score
I had an Incredible with LCD screen (Some have LED) and it looked much better than the Fascinate even though the LED screen of the Fascinate is bigger, Inc has higher res.

This is the first that I've ever heard of anyone saying this. My roomate has the Incredible and I have the Fascinate and my screen quality is way better than his.

joe3681

Reaction score
The LCD of the incredible was crisper on some things to me.

crissa84

Reaction score
Got hubby an incredible for xmas and he loves it. about a week later I got the fascinate. Bigger screen, and this is going to sound dumb to some of you, but the fascinate is not as masculine looking as incredible, got it in white. Same features, except camera is supposed to be better on incredible. No regrets.

Last edited:

bluevolume

Reaction score
Got hubby an incredible for xmas and he loves it. about a week later I got the fascinate. Bigger screen, and this is going to sound dumb to some of you, but the fascinate is not as masculine looking as incredible, got it in white. Same features, except camera is supposed to be better on incredible. No regrets.

The camera on the Incredible is higher megapixel, but that doesn't mean that its better. In most cases, it just means you get a bigger image with less contrast.

Case in point, in Canon's G series high-end point and shoots, they dropped from a 12mp sensor to a 10mp to improve image quality.

wil318466

Reaction score
Fascinate with DJ05, 1.76 stupidfast Kernel, and the all black mod is very close to perfect.

Really.

Rogue27

Reaction score
the galaxy s phones in general have actually benchmarked faster than any other phones out there. Incredible cant compete with speed. I think by storage space the other guy meant the internal and sd pre-installed sd card combined

smokie11

Reaction score
My youngest son owns an Incredible and it is a great phone, I almost bought it. My oldest son has the HTC EVO with the 4.3" screen. They are both excellent phones. I chose the Fascinate because of my poor eyes and the Incredible was too small for me and the EVO is a very large phone for my taste (that can become a mobile hotspot at no extra charge).

My son's can both watch the local blacked-out football games. I cannot. Is this missing Flash thing. HTC cares about their customers far more than Samsung does or ever will. I am truly sick of these Samsung bastards and their refusal to answer the most simple questions.

I like my phone very much, however I will quietly and without a fuss strike Samsung from access to my future earnings. If/when I buy another Samsung product it will be a cold day in hell.

AllForNaught

Reaction score
I like my phone very much, however I will quietly and without a fuss strike Samsung from access to my future earnings. If/when I buy another Samsung product it will be a cold day in hell.

You can't seriously be this upset over the late froyo update. Your post is fraught with the kind of hyperbole I'd expect from someone who's dog was murdered. Samsung didn't kill your dog.

Samsung makes excellent products, and according to your consumer agreement, they don't have to upgrade your phone at all. Besides, you always have the option to root.