Fascinate Issues? Do people have the same issues that I do?

Galahede

Reaction score
I haven't had any big issues with my Fascinate but there have been minor annoyances at times.

The GPS will not work sometimes and I'll turn it off and on again a couple of times until it works. Doesn't happen all the time and I don't know what causes it.

Sometimes the phone won't recognize an incoming call. I'll get a call on my landline from family or friends telling me they were calling my Fascinate. I'm not sure if the latest patch fixed it.

Other than those issues I enjoy using this phone and I'm glad I got it back in Sept.

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I hate to talk bad about the phone because there are alot of positives. I haven't had the landline issues, but I mostly get calls from other cell phones.

Sent from my fascinate

millwood

Reaction score
There are some clearly defined issues with this phone. The GPS is one of them, the changes in hardware from different model dates, and the verizon/samsung bickering. I came from an LG phone and it was a piece of crap. There were constant updates, but they never addressed the concerns of their users. My wife and I upgraded to this phone. Same phone, same software, different problems. My daughter just updated to another LG phone and again it is a piece of crap. This phone has some great features and unfortunately the best support comes from the coding community. Not a bad phone and I would buy it again. Mostly concerned with consistency.

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's why I worry about Samsung phones in the future because it doesn't seem like they are doing quality control on all their devices. Maybe they changed one of their hardware suppliers midstream. I was looking forward to the galaxy s2 but it is pretty much off my list now.

Sent from my fascinate

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
My phone is running better though since the fresh install of EF and not using titanium backup to restore data.

Sent from my fascinate

Beckeramos

Reaction score
ever since the froyo update my wife has had nunerous dropped calls, not receiving texts, and internet has been shaky at best when it comes to connecting. Called last month and they said that samsung was having software issues with that phone and they would replace her phone with a samsung charge. Two days later the phone comes and guess what? Its another fascinate. Called verizon and they told me that samsung had corrected the issue right after they did my order and were sending out another ota update on june 13th that was correcting the software problem. I laughed since i got the phone on the 13th... why wouldnt they just let our original fascinate correct itself. Well i activated the other fascinate they sent me and the problems are even worse. And now shes only getting about 6 hours of battery life on very minimal use. Called vzw today and complained again. Told them how we missed a call from my daughters daycare yesterday because my daughter got sick, and i am extremely dissapointed. They are sending out a "new" Droidx immediately to replace the fascinate. Yes a new one. Said they cannot send out droid charge because they cannot replace a 3g phone with a 4g phone. I am very satisfied cause i do not want another samsung phone and have the Droidx myself and love it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear that. The Droid x is a good device. If they give you anymore problems, don't hang up until you speak to a supervisor. Tell them missing a call from daycare is a breach of contract on their part.

Sent from my fascinate

Beckeramos

Reaction score
yeah i will do that thanx. Thankfully my daughters illness was nothing more than a 24 hour bug.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Alan Gordon

Reaction score
When I first got my Fascinate it seemed pretty good, but there was some obvious issues. So I rooted it. I have tried many different roms, kernel, radio combinations. Keep in mind that I am not new to root. This is the third device that I have rooted. I am still having some issues and I feel as if it is the phone itself.

Problems that I have been experiencing:

-Freezing (not app specific, have to pull battery to restart)
-GPS sucks. Often doesn't work at all. Need to toggle GPS on and off a bunch of times to get it to work
-Lag when trying to run something memory intensive like Launcher pro with animations. Keep in mind I am running voodoo.
-Reboots and or sleep of death. Doesn't matter which rom or kernel I am running.

My question is. Are these problems common with other Fascinates? I am pretty sure they are but want others opinions. Thank you.

My Fascinate is unrooted, and I'm having this problem constantly. If I had a dollar for every time it locked up, requiring me to take the battery out, I'd be able to pay my Verizon bill every month, and still make some extra money...

The other Fascinates on my account have issues as well... with the possible exception of ONE. :(

~Alan

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have been able to fix some problems by removing corrupted data. But there are still some issues. I am thinking about switching phones soon and maybe keeping fascinate as a backup. I wouldn't say that the fassy is a horrible phone, but based on my experience not too dependable of a phone.

Sent from my fascinate

broderp

Reaction score
Seems for the most part (with a few exceptions) that issues are in conjunction with rooting or altering the phone.

I have none of those issues. My phone is stock, chuck full of bloatware and about 30 apps I downloaded and use.

I'll agree with the GPS, cause mine takes a while to lock, but when it does it works just fine.

I guess its what you use the phone for. I dont do many 'advanced things' just basics, texting, calling, a few games, and the occational web browsing etc.

My battery has lasted me up to 3 days between charging. :)

sbs30102

Reaction score
I have been having the same issues with my fascinate lately. It goes black but the bottom buttons light up and I have to take out battery to reset. Apps are force closing like crazy, even stock apps! I've had to reset this phone more in the last few weeks than ever. Verizon wants me to take it to a store so they can do a hard reset. Why can't I find a phone that just works and doesn't give me fits????

-Frustrated w/ Fascinate

KeepItReal

Reaction score
They are acknowledging there are problems still! I just received my replacement Incredible 2 due to missing calls and texts not sending. I had choice of Droid x2 our Incredible. I had received a CLNR replacement of my Fascinate ever it was worse than the original.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just upgraded my phone from the Fascinate to the Droid Incredible 2. The Inc2 has zero problems so far. I am going to run it stock for a good while. The Inc2 is also faster and has great battery.