Fascinate. I'm stuck and don't know what to do

pthance

Reaction score
I'm working on a Samsung Fascinate. A buddy brought it to me after he loaded a CMrecovery.tar and now it wont leave the Android System Recovery <2e>.
I've tried downloading some different recoveries from the net, as well as some different ROMs to work in Odin but always get this when I try to run them.

ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I have all the drivers needed, I can get to the download mode screen and the android recovery....but thats it. Any help or direction would be awesome.

hoppermi

Reaction score
I'm working on a Samsung Fascinate. A buddy brought it to me after he loaded a CMrecovery.tar and now it wont leave the Android System Recovery <2e>.
I've tried downloading some different recoveries from the net, as well as some different ROMs to work in Odin but always get this when I try to run them.

ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Complete(Write) operation failed.

I have all the drivers needed, I can get to the download mode screen and the android recovery....but thats it. Any help or direction would be awesome.

Check out this thread. It may contain what you need to get recovery working again.[FIX][4-1-11]Latest ClockworkMod and SuperClean ROM's - Erasing the CWM Confusion - xda-developers

OP
pthance

pthance

Reaction score
Some of the file links are broken on his thread for downloads. I tried what I could but I'm still getting the same error.

OP
pthance

pthance

Reaction score
Right now the goal is to flash an odin file with any working fascinate OS, but I'm getting the error above when using Odin to do anything.

hoppermi

Reaction score
This one will take you to out of the box stock. It has saved me a few times.

[ODIN] Full DI01 ODIN Package - xda-developers

If that doesn't work, you may have to go to freenode IRC chat #samsung-fascinate and hope someone is willing to help you out, many experienced ppl there, can get you out of pretty much any jam.

OP
pthance

pthance

Reaction score
This one will take you to out of the box stock. It has saved me a few times.

[ODIN] Full DI01 ODIN Package - xda-developers

If that doesn't work, you may have to go to freenode IRC chat #samsung-fascinate and hope someone is willing to help you out, many experienced ppl there, can get you out of pretty much any jam.

I tried to Odin in that file. This is what I got:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> DI01package3.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.