Farewell to my Bionic

cschanck

Reaction score
Well, Christmas proved too much. My wife gifted me with a new Galaxy Note 2,and thus I am done with Moto for a while. My Droid X was awesome, the Bionic was... almost great. But the Gnote is so much faster, I feel stupid for not knowing what I was missing.

Thanks for everybody who helped along the way!

Chris

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

diablo81588

Reaction score
Although I would never buy one because of its enormous size, I've heard great things about it. Good luck with your new phone! :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Dolly

Reaction score
Still loving my bionic. After ICS its working great. Just wondering if there are still a lot of folks who love their bionics. Not rooted. Fast and smooth for me.

wheeler062505

Reaction score
Still loving my bionic. After ICS its working great. Just wondering if there are still a lot of folks who love their bionics. Not rooted. Fast and smooth for me.

I love my bionic even more now that we have ics on it.

Zig8

Reaction score
I really want a note-2, but to many hurdles. I have till September till end of my 2 year contract and am not looking forward to giving up our unlimited. I am seriously considering going to Sprint which my work place uses to drive there 2-way radios, so works really well even on 3G... Sure cant afford to buy my way out...!

OP
C

cschanck

Reaction score
I understand about being stuck behind the contract 8 ball. I did an upgrade if my daughter's line and moved to family share this time to upgrade early.

It's hard to express how damn fast this thing is. One big difference is the sdcard subsystem - - file copies are massively faster. This shows up all over the place, from starting apps to installs etc. Another is the larger Ram size, as I have over 100 apps installed.

So far, TouchWiz is not the terrible experience I was expecting. Worst is the cluttered notifications.

Battery life is pretty good, better than my OTA ICS Bionic, which I often had to leave on 3G.

My biggest fear, leaving the awesome Motorola radio behind, has turned out to be not an issue. Reception seems about on par with my Bionic. (central MD)

I suspect, however, I'll take a look at what Google/Moto cooks up as pure android in a year or so.

Hats of to Samsung for an awesome device.

C

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awh man.. farewell.. As for me, I have a good year left with mine. I use it for texting and phone calls, and my tablet for apps So, I can wait. Lol

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Congrats on the Note2.. It's a great device.. Root and unlocked are easy too.. :D
Don't forget to register phone on Samsung website.. You will get 50% off coupon on accessories..

《Take Note2 BK's here..》