Farewell to Miui..... (for a day)

MrLane

Reaction score
so over the last couple weeks I have been noticing the right side of my droid's screen has been acting super funky. At first I thought the screen was just dirty. Then I upgraded to GB Miui and it would not act weird half the time. So i figured iffy software oh well. Then I got to the most recent release. The experience overall buttery smooth. The downside the right side of my screen completely is unresponsive. SO could this be MIUI... well good news is no. I switched to UD 3.3.0 and same results... could this be GB... once again no my phone now sits as it did from the factory upgraded to stock 2.2.1 and still no go. Multitouch visualizer 2 demonstrates the cut off point clearly. I took it to a Verizon rep they did their reset to no avail. Thought I would have to do an insurance claim, but went ahead and gave me a warranty number as well. So I called up VZW and since my phone shows no signs of damage, water or physical, they are shipping me out a replacement that will arrive overnight. Thank fully miui is easy to restore and I did a nandroid backup so it should be like I never left. Was this issue frustrating? Very. But I really wish phones would be more open so you would not have to revert everything back to stock before going to talk to someone about a hardware issue. Companies really need to embrace the community. Give us a great foundation and let us have our fun. Yes we still need dumb phones that are locked down for the less tech savvy just make sure us in the developing world get some world class devices to play with.

Well once I return to Miui tomorrow it will be party time dancedroid

OP
M

MrLane

Reaction score
and by 3pm today i was back and its like i never left Have to love .sbf to recovery plus nandroid restore within 5 minutes of activating my phone I was back in action... tank you to the entire android development community for making transferring from a broken phone to a new one sooo simple