Camera Problems with OG 10.7 MIUI

sstidhem

Reaction score
I have been keeping up on the MIUI releases through the OTA updates every week. My camera has not been working well for a while now. Is anyone else having serious issues with their D1 camera using MIUI? Mine just does not cooperate. I've tried different camera apps with no success. I can take a picture or two but the phone freezes up. It reboots itself if I try to take too many (more than one sometimes) pictures. It doesn't seem to matter which camera app I use. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

chewy74

Reaction score
its not a camera issue as much as its low memory issues with gingerbread on the D1

my camera will crash/freeze/soft reboot my phone at different times...and sometimes i cane get off a dozen pics with no isses.

you can try locking the camera into memory using the script included in the OP of the ROM thread and see if that helps with the camera freezes

OP
S

sstidhem

Reaction score
I'll give that a shot. I did increase the virtual memory by adding a swap partition to my sd card and it is active. You'd think that would solve the low memory issues but I guess not. I'll try to lock it into memory and see what happens.

I'm thinking I'm less than a month from getting a new phone anyway and will probably give this one to my daughter after I re-flash it with something closer to base froyo. Either that or turn it into an 'ipod' type of device without phone service at all. We'll see.

Thanks for the advice.

OP
S

sstidhem

Reaction score
Any idea how to get the app in memory so it can be locked? I ran the camera app, hit the home button and then quickly went to the terminal and tried to lock it but it's not in memory. Is there a way from the command line to put it in memory so it can be lockable? I tried this with cameraFX too and neither showed up in /data/app. I looked on the MIUI running processes screen and they weren't there either.

I did see a couple of apps that were running that shouldn't have been so I uninstalled them. So, at the very least I've freed up a little RAM from this exercise.

Thanks.