Factory Ringtones/Alarms

RedBull

Reaction score
When I first got my phone, it made the "Droid" announcement with most of my notifications. Then I added my own music and ringtones...along with a couple of alarm tones. Now...I can not find any of the original tones that came with the phone.

I have deleted all of my previously added content, including the folders...yet when I go to set a ringtone, it says there is nothing on the SD card. How do I get it to point to the phone and not the card? Are those tones lost?

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unless I'm completely mistaken, unless you've rooted your Droid, you cannot delete the factory ringtones as they are stored within the system\media directory.

If you've not rooted your Droid and they're truly gone, I think you'll have to perform a factory reset (after backing up any data you want saved) to get them back as it sounds as if something has been corrupted.

Have you rooted your Droid?

OP
RedBull

RedBull

Reaction score
No...I haven't rooted it yet. Not sure how...and worried I'll screw it up...lol. The only thing I can think of is to reset it, and then redownload all of my crap back onto it...not sure why I lost the factory tones...but now they're gone...or at least not discoverable for me. All it wants to do is look for the tones on the SD card.

Guess I'll start the process...

If I bought an application or two...I can re-download them again without paying for them, right?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
If I bought an application or two...I can re-download them again without paying for them, right?

Yes, You can redownload them without paying....

Are you sure the ringtones are hosed?

OP
RedBull

RedBull

Reaction score
I'm honestly not the expert on this one...all I know is it won't go back to the factory ones...it keeps pointing to SD card...and I can't find any setting that says to go back to the core memory of the phone...

Right now I'm inventorying everything I have...gonna copy my pics and stuff...then probably reset the phone...and start all over. I just don't like the one tone that it has defaulted to...dunno even where it came from...but all my rings/notifications...they're all the same ONE tone it has...wish there was an easier way.