Moto Droid - horrible factory alarms...use ringers?

blueswitch

Reaction score
So I've had my Droid for about a day...and I used to use my BB as an alarm clock....but man the short list of alarms that come on the Droid are sure to put me in a bad mood when I wake up. I kinda just like using the generic ring tones on phones for alarms...is there anyway to get the droids ringtones to show up as alarm options? I've got Ringdroid but it won't list the factory ringtones. Or can someone point me to some free factory ringtones...it's harder than I thought to find something mildly relaxing/not dream scape or techno/generic.

Isaiah

Reaction score
This isn't for factory ringtones(though they're probably up there) but Zedge, is a great app for alarms(ringtones too). Also if you save songs in a media folder on your SD card, i think you can use those as alarm tones. hope that helps

OP
B

blueswitch

Reaction score
yeah it looks like if you create the folder /media/audio/alarms

you can just drop files right in...found some posted HTC sounds so that will work good.

CFH

Reaction score
There's an app called Tone Picker that allows you to set any music file as an alarm. Works well.

Dunb440

Reaction score
koolio! Customize your Alarm ringtones! No App!

Apparently you cannot change the stock alarms, but just create a new one and Vua-la!

Just select a ringtone for the alarm!:icon_ banana:

tabraha

Reaction score
This isn't for factory ringtones(though they're probably up there) but Zedge, is a great app for alarms(ringtones too). Also if you save songs in a media folder on your SD card, i think you can use those as alarm tones. hope that helps

Thanks for the Zedge suggestion. Just pulled a ton of sounds off of it. :blackdroid: