Factory Reset with 43V3R Root...

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
So I'm 4ever rooted currently. I really want this update. However when I search nothing happens, it just keeps searching. I've left it on for hours and nothing happens. I'm reading success stories about people who get the "Not Available" message and then do a FDR and immediately receive the update. I'm just curious as to if I can do one of these and if I'd retain root after? To unroot I'd basically have to do a complete reset anyways, so I'm wondering if I can just backup everything and go for it. Thoughts??

wilboy

Reaction score
So I'm 4ever rooted currently. I really want this update. However when I search nothing happens, it just keeps searching. I've left it on for hours and nothing happens. I'm reading success stories about people who get the "Not Available" message and then do a FDR and immediately receive the update. I'm just curious as to if I can do one of these and if I'd retain root after? To unroot I'd basically have to do a complete reset anyways, so I'm wondering if I can just backup everything and go for it. Thoughts??
Do you mean the official 5.893 OTA?Did you flashed any leaked OTA before?

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Yes and no, 100% stock with the 4ever root.

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Ah, I wanted to add that I read people who were having issues had out of date apps in the market. So after updating them, they found the OTA. In my case, I have one unupdated app, Citrix Reciever, which is of couse a bloatware app. It's not frozen or anything and it doesn't give me the option to update, only open/uninstall. I tried uninstalling and re-updating, but still no luck. Thought this was interesting...

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Yeah I used option 3, I had the one click root and went to this.

wilboy

Reaction score
Yeah I used option 3, I had the one click root and went to this.
I see,i think you aren't fully 100% stock...if i were you... i have to use option 1 (just to make sure) and if you eager to get the latest official OTA update(5.893).Most of them having a successful flashed using option1,try it!
Sorry having hard time typing to my old D2G..

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Yeah I'm aware of all the leaks out there, but I'd rather just get it from Verizon. I do like your idea of trying option 1, would like to get others feedback on this if it's a bad idea or waste of time? Seems like it might work though...

wilboy

Reaction score
Yeah I'm aware of all the leaks out there, but I'd rather just get it from Verizon. I do like your idea of trying option 1, would like to get others feedback on this if it's a bad idea or waste of time? Seems like it might work though...
A REMINDER: once your device booted up,do not log on to your google acct. first,skip all. Then turn your USB to charge only mode and turn on USB debugging(w/ check),then continue till the 4ever root applies.

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Good to know. I'm assuming there will be a step by step process in the root program describing all of that as well?

Though I would like to know if anyone else has any ideas before I go through with this. I'm one of those super careful with how I mess with my phone people and just don't want to make this more complicated than it needs to be...

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Bump for Jesus

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
If you're back to 5.5.886 from a leak, can you not use the system update?

Also, don't hijack my thread son!!