What are chances of FRU/CLNR having 5.5.893?

xmguy

Reaction score
Because of a failed update to 5.5.893 where my Radio and Kernel got updated and caused me to loose root(even with 43v3r root). I tried using 43v3r root to restore to .886 and root then reupdate. Now I'm split between files and the update will not take. I'm having to get a FRU / CLNR replacement from VZW tomorrow. What are the chances I'll have the new (currently un rootable) software 5.5.893? I'd like to try the 4ever root again on .886 and go the right way. Also since the phone is split like it is with the kernel. FXZ will not work. If I just recover with 4ever root will that return me to "stock"?

Thanks

Tonik

Reaction score
I got one yesterday and it came with 5.5.886. I turned it on, rooted it. Triple/Quadruple checked the chmod files to make sure it was forever rooted and hit check for updates. It updated, still have root.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
I think I just need to MANUALLY add the 43v3r root commands to the ch_mod file. I seem to do better using the Pete's one click root. Then ensuring the root STAYS there after the update. My issue. The update file I obtained was 5.5.894 and although I was forever rooted. The Superuser app was wonky. I would launch it and it would run for a second or 2 and shut down. I tried to revert to .886 and start again. But that made things worse. I'm gonna follow your process and hope it works ok. Seems there is a problem in the NEW Superuser app. But once I'm upgraded I don't know how to fix it if there is a issue with it.