Factory reset or not

gmen1818

Reaction score
I trued the new leak version of ics and am having bugs and wanna go back to stock, but I am to new to hacking to get how to do the methods to do that. Should I do a factory reset? I have nothing on there that I'll miss and out my music on my SD card already

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I trued the new leak version of ics and am having bugs and wanna go back to stock, but I am to new to hacking to get how to do the methods to do that. Should I do a factory reset? I have nothing on there that I'll miss and out my music on my SD card already

Your only option is to flash the Fastboot ROM back to .173. Download this http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.html and follow instructions. Option 1 will revert your phone back to complete stock.

Good luck! :biggrin:

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

Factory Reset will not get you back to stock. You have another thread which ask the same question as this one, and have received exactly the same advise as FoxKat has given you...which is the right advice. Is there something about the advise that we are giving you that you don't understand, if so ask the question and we'll be glad to help you. Downloading the utility that has been recommended is the safest and easy method to return your Razr back to stock. If you're having problems getting the utility to run it might because you have not extracted the zip file to its own folder and run the .bat file from there. Or, don't download and install the utility in the root (c:/) directory. Try installing the utility on you desktop, or some other directory, but make sure you have extracted the .zip you downloaded to its own folder.

Last edited:
OP
G

gmen1818

Reaction score
Factory Reset will not get you back to stock. You have another thread which ask the same question as this one, and have received exactly the same advise as FoxKat has given you...which is the right advice. Is there something about the advise that we are giving you that you don't understand, if so ask the question and we'll be glad to help you. Downloading the utility that has been recommended is the safest and easy method to return your Razr back to stock. If you're having problems getting the utility to run it might because you have not extracted the zip file to its own folder and run the .bat file from there. Or, don't download and install the utility in the root (c:/) directory. Try installing the utility on you desktop, or some other directory, but make sure you have extracted the .zip you downloaded to its own folder.

I don't get any of the stuff that has to do with a computer cause I've never used mine cause I have a tablet. I just am dumb with all of that stuff.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

JP, I saw that other post after I left the information above. I figured you or someone else would catch it. Good work! :biggrin:

I don't get any of the stuff that has to do with a computer cause I've never used mine cause I have a tablet. I just am dumb with all of that stuff.

gmen1818, you need to understand that posting the same question (or even a slightly different version of the same question) on either the same or another section of the forum is considered a no-no. :icon_eek:

It is suggested that you do searches of the forum to see if you may find an answer to your questions among those already asked by others. The Droid RAZR Utility is the best of the best and has been the savior of many a RAZR/MAXX owner. Matt L Groff devoted a tremendous amount of time and effort into building that utility (along with others who wrote the several subroutines included which actually perform some of the functions of the utility), and through his and those others' efforts we have a tool that essentially handles the entire process of many functions with only 1 button push and removes virtually all the risk in the process. You won't find an easier (less involved and less risky) way to do what you are trying to do than this.

If you need help using the utility, simply ask and your needs will be resolved quickly. If you don't have a PC to run the utility on, you will need to borrow one. There are many ways to accomplish what you need, but they all essentially require a computer at one point in the process. We don't (yet) have a copy of the actual ROM that is direct-flashable that I know of. Maybe someone can correct me if this is incorrect. Still, there is risk involved in trying to do it directly and you could end up with a bricked phone.

Nearly everyone here on the forums is anxious to help someone with a problem and often we're tripping over each other to be first with the right answer! There are many names you will grow to recognize as leaders here, including JPcalhoun, SallyC, jntdroid, guidot, sydman, rck76, theDroidz, smalltowngirl13, Trash Can, danDroid, altspeed, wicked, TRIKOTRET, 94lt1, Cereal Killer, and a whole host of others (apologies to those I didn't refer to directly - you know who you are). You won't find a better bunch of instant friends than you have here. Still, we get frustrated at times when we see the same questions asked over and over. We don't grumble, we just answer then and may suggest that in the future the OPs use the search function, however when it's the same person on the same question in more than one thread we're less apt to respond favorably.

Please refrain from double-posting in the future and if you have any questions about the forum's rules, please see the link in the bottom of my signature.

Thanks. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P

Then you probably should have left your phone alone and kept it stock. That utility is very easy to use.

1.Download the program and install the drivers given in the post.
2.Put your phone to enable USB debugging under Settings>Applications>Development<USB Debugging.
3.Plug your phone into your computer and put it in charge only mode.
4.Extract the files you downloaded and run the RazrUtility.exe
5.Press option 1 and hit enter, then let it does its thing
6.Leave your phone stock and wait for valid release updates.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

I'm going to ask you a couple of questions...1)how did you install the leaked ICS? How did you root your RAZR? and 3) are you sure you're rooted...how do you know? The answers to things question might help us help you.

OP
G

gmen1818

Reaction score
I'm going to ask you a couple of questions...1)how did you install the leaked ICS? How did you root your RAZR? and 3) are you sure you're rooted...how do you know? The answers to things question might help us help you.

It took me five hours to root it cause I hate using computers but I knew after cause I had superuser. After that it took two seconds to get ics

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
It took me five hours to root it cause I hate using computers but I knew after cause I had superuser. After that it took two seconds to get ics

Dude...here is the bottom line...you are not going to get your phone back to stock without a computer...it ain't going to happen. So, I recommend you find a friend (or someone) who is experienced with root (he doesn't have to have a Razr), take your phone to them, have him/her read this thread and let him help you get back to stock (and yes, he will have to have a computer!!!!).

Keetoowah

Reaction score
After I put ICS on I dont have a charge only setting only mass storage Media device (MTP) Camera (PTP) Which one do I select

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
After I put ICS on I dont have a charge only setting only mass storage Media device (MTP) Camera (PTP) Which one do I select

There is no Charge only option for USB charging in the leaked ICS. You have only two choices, the wall charger or car adapter.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

OP
G

gmen1818

Reaction score
Then you probably should have left your phone alone and kept it stock. That utility is very easy to use.

1.Download the program and install the drivers given in the post.
2.Put your phone to enable USB debugging under Settings>Applications>Development<USB Debugging.
3.Plug your phone into your computer and put it in charge only mode.
4.Extract the files you downloaded and run the RazrUtility.exe
5.Press option 1 and hit enter, then let it does its thing
6.Leave your phone stock and wait for valid release updates.

What if there is no charge only option on ics? And do I install everything on my computer?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
What if there is no charge only option on ics? And do I install everything on my computer?

You're right, there is no "charge only". When you plug your phone into the computer the default setting on your USB connection is mass storage...that is alright. You download the utility to your computer. Create a folder somewhere you'll remember (desktop or somewhere you can find) and extract the downloaded zip file to that folder you just created. Now, your phone has to be in AP Fastboot. Power off your phone, hold down the volume up and down keys while pressing the power button. Your phone will boot into a black screen with white lettering. With the volume down button scroll down to "AP Fastboot" and use the volume up button to select. Now connect your phone via the USB cable that came with your phone. Open the folder you created and find the .bat file. Select and open the .bat file, the utility will start. With your phone connected select option 1...that will take your phone back to .173 stock. MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR PHONE UNTIL THE UTILITY SAYS THAT IT IS COMPLETED/SUCCESSFUL...it takes a few minutes to perform the reprogramming.