Question about factory reset

Penny677

Reaction score
I'm a newbie to the android world, but I think I need to do a factory reset on my phone. It's just sluggish and it's just not right, ya know?!? I really don't want to do it but I've done a regular reset (holding volume and power button down) and I've wiped the cache but I think a factory reset will help.

I have many apps downloaded, some free and some paid, and I want to make sure that I do not lose those. If I am understanding correctly, these apps will be removed from my phone but those apps are in my google play account and I will just need to reinstall those as needed. Is that correct? My contacts will also import from Google as well?

Also, should remove the sd card before doing the reset? After the reset, my phone will be the same as if I had just bought it?

As you might notice, I'm a tad nervous to do this because I've got my phone set up like I like and hate to have to do all the work again. But I am willing to do this if I won't just lose everything!

Thanks for any advice!

OP
P

Penny677

Reaction score
Thanks! That answered many, many questions! One more...

Should I unmount the sd card before doing the factory reset or just leave it in?

I'm backing up my apps to Mybackup as I type :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You don't have to remove the sdcard but you can to be safe.