Factory Cable worked on Droid 3, now back to being bricked

corgilover

Reaction score
Researched how to unbrick my Droid 3. Need to get data from Password Manager and Colornote apps (now know I shoulda' backed up online). Factory cable worked like a charm. Droid 3 turned on and booted up with all apps, etc.as soon as I plugged it in to PC. Spent time trying to back up data to dropbox to retrieve with my new phone. While doing this, I had to bring the screen out of sleep mode a few times, then the phone just died again.

When I plug in now with factory cable, screen glows for a few seconds then goes black. I can hear my pc acknowledging the phone's driver, but phone doesn't show up as connected to pc.

What can I do to get the cable to work again? If I do, I'll use pen and paper to write down the password and note info and forget about backing up to a dropbox.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is the battery dead? I'm not sure I'm understanding the actual issue at hand.

OP
C

corgilover

Reaction score
My initial research into fixing a hard bricked Droid led me to buy a new battery. That did nothing. The phone just continued to do nothing other than having the screen glow for a few seconds when I plugged in to my PC or a wall outlet.

My research then led me to buying the factory cable. When I plugged it in the 1st time, the phone turned on normally and all my apps displayed and worked. But after several minutes, the screen went black again and the phone does nothing except glow like before.

Does a factory cable only work for a few minutes and then I should have plugged the phone to a charger? Thanks for answering me. I know just enough to be dangerous.