Facebook/Twitter app vs. mobile site battery use

wann495909

Reaction score
I am just curious whether the apps for social media use more battery than the mobile sites. Im assuming these apps are constantly running in the background but if someone can inform me on this I would appreciate it.

T

TheAlpha

I am just curious whether the apps for social media use more battery than the mobile sites. Im assuming these apps are constantly running in the background but if someone can inform me on this I would appreciate it.

That would actually make sense.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

DocsDad

Reaction score
That would actually make sense.

I agree that it would make sense. However, you can set the "fetch" interval for each app so that it is not constantly retrieving data. I use each app and have not found any significant batter usage at all. The battery drain I do see from each app really comes during use with display on time being a big culprit.

T

TheAlpha

I agree that it would make sense. However, you can set the "fetch" interval for each app so that it is not constantly retrieving data. I use each app and have not found any significant batter usage at all. The battery drain I do see from each app really comes during use with display on time being a big culprit.

Try uninstalling the apps and use the browser for awhile.

OP
W

wann495909

Reaction score
Uninstalled both apps. Will report back in a few days with results

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

This is my experience as well. I have notifications turned off for both, and I completely exit out of each after I'm done using them. They don't even show up on when looking at the built in battery use statistics, and they barely show anything when taking a deeper look with Better Battery Stats. If you're having a significant battery drain because of them, it's because you're either allowing them to run in the background or there's something wrong with your phone.

T

TheAlpha

This is my experience as well. I have notifications turned off for both, and I completely exit out of each after I'm done using them. They don't even show up on when looking at the built in battery use statistics, and they barely show anything when taking a deeper look with Better Battery Stats. If you're having a significant battery drain because of them, it's because you're either allowing them to run in the background or there's something wrong with your phone.

Thx.

OP
W

wann495909

Reaction score
After uninstalling them for a period of time and then reinstalling them I had a noticable change in battery life. Without the apps installed I get over 1 day of usage which is primarily texting, phone calls, listening to music from my SD card, and using the browser to check Facebook and Twitter. It is possible I check them less being that there isnt a shorcut right there to use but that is what resulted from not having the apps.

jeverts

Reaction score
You could place a bookmark shortcut there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jeverts

Reaction score
Hmm, I took my own advice after seeing that the fb app was using a large amount. I placed a shortcut and am now just using the web mobile site

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2