T-Mobile releases Social Buzz app to all Android 2.xx devices

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
1znyc8l.jpg

T-Mobile, the software development company perhaps better known for its wireless service, today released a social media app to the Android Market, called Social Buzz. Social Buzz, although developed initially for T-Mobile dumbphones, has evolved into a what it looks like, a powerful Android social tool. Integrated in Social Buzz are feeds for Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and MySpace. Sadly absent from the initial release is a widget and Google Buzz integration.

I only tested the twitter integration so far, but here is a quick list of features you will get with Social Buzz. You are able to update your status, retweet natively, reply, favorite, open links, refresh, sort between my updates and all updates, and set up notifications. Now these are rather basic features that I expect all respectable Twitter apps to have included by now. Also, speed was well below average when refreshing. Social Buzz may not be the perfect app, but who knows, this may appeal to those social butterflies who need access to multiple social networks at one time.

Social Buzz reminds me very much of HTC's proprietary social app, Friendstream, except that it lacks a widget. However, the surprise here is that T-Mobile's Social Buzz does not require a T-Mobile handset, and thus will work on any Android 2.xx device. And you can download it now from the Android Market, for free. Now, let's hope HTC, Verizon, and Sprint take a lesson from this, and release their own proprietary software to the Android Market, or not. So, has anyone had a chance to play with Social Buzz? First thoughts?

Be sure to check out TmoDroids.com, a sister site dedicated to all T-Mobile Android Phones!

QR Code Link:
wbw08j.jpg

Source: AndroidSpin

Last edited:

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It's crap...well for me it :)

famine

Reaction score
why should we wait for verizon to take a lesson? installed perfect on my Droid running CM6 RC1... testing it out now.

B

budmonster

Did it make you download a T-Mobile Social Services app for Soical Buzz to work?

kenbarnum

Reaction score
It's kind of cool...A bit laggy but OK. I will try for a day or so and see if it grows on me

JCo352

Reaction score
I don't like it. It needs to be a little faster, to laggy.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
why should we wait for verizon to take a lesson? installed perfect on my Droid running CM6 RC1... testing it out now.

i meant, for VZ and Sprint to release their own proprietary softwares onto the Market!!

sorry for the confusion.

TekHawk

Reaction score
anyone get the mysapce to stay signed in? im liking the contact sync on CM6 for facebook and im wanting to get that mysapce contact sync to work ill be happy then even if i dont use it for anything other then the contact sycning

TekHawk

Reaction score
If anyone is wonder to get myspace to work on this including contact sync you need to go to the myspace website on a pc after you sign into the app go to my account and sync and check pretty much all the options so that app has access to your info and not just login rights or it will just login and sign out within 5 minutes :)

Technoman

Reaction score

i meant, for VZ and Sprint to release their own proprietary softwares onto the Market!!

sorry for the confusion.

Verizon already has several proprietary apps on the Market available to all I believe. My wife is on Sprint with an HTC Hero and was able to install the Fios DVR app on her phone fine.