Are Social Apps Necessary? (Twitter, Facebook,etc.)

True4031

Reaction score
I have a Droid X and with its built in Social Status and Social Network apps, is downloading an external Twiter and Facebook app necessary, or can you do all the things in the built in app you could with the external app.

I got a text with an @Reply from twitter and couldnt figure out how to see it through Droids built in social network app, so im assuming it is necessary to download the additional Social networking apps.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
I don't have twitter set up in mine, but did you? Click on the social widget when there are no updates. Tap on add account. Twitter should be on the list. Tap it and Fill in the info.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

styx

Reaction score
I don't have a twitter account so I couldn't tell you. But for FB probably not but it's just more convenient.

bill hansen

Reaction score
I think you've just alerted me to the reason I'm suddenly getting several unsolicited Voicemails and invitations to be "friends" - all this from people I don't know and/or from anonymous sources. This is a big pain. I've tried to delete these apps, but I haven't found a way to do it.

Bill

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sometimes third party apps offer something that the original app doesn't.
This. It's up to the OP to determine if the full social app or an alternative offers something not available in the included app that is necessary or desired.