Facebook pop sound: is it too short to work?

johnmk

Reaction score
Both on Froyo and Gingerbread, I've been unable to get my phone to play the facebook pop notification sound. If it plays at all, it seems to play in abreviated fashion, like it only plays a small portion of it. Normally it's just silent and doesn't actually make the facebook pop sound at all. I've done SBF a couple times, factory reset & wipe, etc. etc.

Is it possible there's a minimum length that a sound has to have before it'll play back? I suppose I could fire up Audacity and pad silence at the beginning of the file and try that.

Just curious if anyone's aware of something or has tried Facebook Pop and if it works fine for them.

Thank you. :)

Meticode

Reaction score
I think it has something to do with the sound not being on the phone. The reason I say this is becuase on my OG Droid there was always a directory on my SD card where the facebook pop sound was stored. Something like notifications\cantremember

srvctec

Reaction score
My phone has it, but it never makes any sound either. No big deal since I don't chat from my phone anyway.

Sent from my DROID X2

Meticode

Reaction score
My phone has it, but it never makes any sound either. No big deal since I don't chat from my phone anyway.

Sent from my DROID X2
Well I use the Facebook sound not for chatting, but just Facebook updates. I did get it to work though. All I did was fine a Facebook Pop mp3 through Google to download and put it on my SD card and select that notification sound through Facebook. Although now the sound shows up in my music player with my songs, which is kind of annoying.

srvctec

Reaction score
Well I use the Facebook sound not for chatting, but just Facebook updates. I did get it to work though. All I did was fine a Facebook Pop mp3 through Google to download and put it on my SD card and select that notification sound through Facebook. Although now the sound shows up in my music player with my songs, which is kind of annoying.

I think if you put it in a folder called "notifications", it may not show up in music.

Sent from my DROID X2