1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Notification Sound Issue - Facebook Pop and IMO instant messenger

Discussion in 'Droid X2 Tech Support' started by helloterence, Dec 27, 2011.

1. helloterence

helloterence New Member

Hi everybody,

I just bought my first smartphone (Droid X2) yesterday and I seem to be encountering some issues regarding two apps and their notification sounds. The Facebook App for Android installs a notification sound file called facebook_ringtone_pop.m4a but it does not play any sound when I click on the actual file through the phone, nor if I select "Facebook Pop" within the menus. I plugged my phone into the computer and played the file there and I was able to hear the sound.

I have the same problem with the IMO instant messenger notification where there is not an actual file installed, yet nothing is played when I receive an incoming message.

For either apps, if I choose one of the pre-installed ringtones, they work. I have already tried factory resetting the phone (twice), replacing the file, nothing works.

Wondering if anybody knows how to fix this. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
Search tags for this page
change sound imo
facebook messenger pop ringtone
facebook messenger pop sound
facebook pop mp3

facebook pop sound

facebook pop sound android

facebook pop sound mp3
facebook pop sound not working
facebook pop sound not working android
how to facebook pop sound android
imo change sound