Facebook Contacts Problem

Jaife

Reaction score
I recently picked up a Motorola Droid2 on Verizon after my palm pre bricked mere days after the warranty ran up. I wasn't able to transfer contacts or anything so all I have so far is my facebook contacts.
The problem I'm having is that any contact that currently has a facebook "status update", there phone number is not displayed in their contact page. Comparing both contacts with and without status updates, it appears that the update basically covers up their phone number on this page. Has anyone else noticed this problem or come up with a solution for it?

nuclearbier

Reaction score
I recently picked up a Motorola Droid2 on Verizon after my palm pre bricked mere days after the warranty ran up. I wasn't able to transfer contacts or anything so all I have so far is my facebook contacts.
The problem I'm having is that any contact that currently has a facebook "status update", there phone number is not displayed in their contact page. Comparing both contacts with and without status updates, it appears that the update basically covers up their phone number on this page. Has anyone else noticed this problem or come up with a solution for it?

I just noticed that earlier today. I have not found a fix for it yet however. So it's not just you. I'll post back if I find a fix.

Update: I did notice that if you tap on the contacts picture it will still bring up the option to call them, so that at least is a work around to be able to call those contacts.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jaife

Reaction score
Yeah, also if you tap and hold their name from your contact list it pops up a menu with a "call contact" option.

D2Debbie

Reaction score
I am having the same problem, which was an issue especially for my contacts with multiple phone numbers. I found that if I click on the green phone icon to call them from my favorites it brings up all their numbers. I don't even use my full contacts list, the Facebook contact sync rendered that useless.

Howie74

Reaction score
DROID 2- I currently have the same issue with staus updates covering the contacts phone listings. Hopefully a permanent solution is in the works.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
In another thread here a link to a thread on the moto site was posted - moto has acknowledged this defect and is working on a fix, no ETA for roll-out.

In the meantime, tap on the photo the contact and then on the phone option and all the numbers will be available.

not how it should work, but you can get to the numbers.