Droid 2 not showing Facebook contacts

Hess66

Reaction score
Okay I updated to Gingerbread a week or two ago and ever since then I've been having problems like my text freezing up every word or two. Well the guy at Verizon told me just to do a factory restore. Well it seems to have worked but now I have my facebook account signed into the phone and the Facebook application downloaded and none of my Facebook contacts are showing up in my Contact list. Which is a major problem since I had like 400 contacts with that and 90% of my phone numbers came from that. Well I went back to verizon and he played around with it for a minute and he said he can't figure it out. I'm guessing he did the same thing as me and just signed out of everything and signed back in (also tried another factory reset). I'm completely lost on what to do now. I was wondering if anyone here can help me out.
Thanks

pnwsr6

Reaction score
Are you contacts synced with gmail? If so you can also sync facebook with gmail and then everything will show up on your phone. You may still have to join some contacts manually if the names don't match up, but that's how I did it after I had to reset my phone and lost my fb contacts and couldn't get it to sync with the update,
Hope this helps

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

pnwsr6

Reaction score
Also make sure the account is set up to sync in the account setting on your phone. Although I would hope the verizon tech would have checked that.

trdsoarer93

Reaction score
Are you contacts synced with gmail? If so you can also sync facebook with gmail and then everything will show up on your phone. You may still have to join some contacts manually if the names don't match up, but that's how I did it after I had to reset my phone and lost my fb contacts and couldn't get it to sync with the update,
Hope this helps

i would be interested in knowing how ?

louy99

Reaction score
I hated gingerbread. It gave me problems too. I took that off and went back.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

trdsoarer93

Reaction score
what is involved in doing so?
and is there a way to prevent the OTA from happening again while you are sleeping and its docked?

pnwsr6

Reaction score
The fist thing you do is go into menu/settings/accounts/gmail, and set it to sync your contacts, go ahead and tell it to sync now, should be a menu option from that screen, when it gets done go to your contacts, verify it with your gmail (you need a pc for this and everything from here on out). While your logged on you gmail, look for the option to sync or connect gmail to your fb account, go through the steps they provide, if I remember right there is something on fb you have to do to verify everything, but I think it tells you, I hope this is enough detail, I've had mine done this way for a while, memory a little fuzzed sometimes.

louy99

Reaction score
what is involved in doing so?
and is there a way to prevent the OTA from happening again while you are sleeping and its docked?

It involves using an SBF file and computer to restore phone back to the way it came out of box. I also rooted and loaded a different froyo based OS so I don't get update notifications (cyanogenmod7). Much better than stock IMO

trdsoarer93

Reaction score
With Louy99's Help - i got my phone back to the original Froyo.
Where everything works..
Wifi doesnt cut out on me anymore.
clicking on a phone number on the web browser actually pulls up in Dialer Pad.
outbound phone calls dont minimize to the top so its an annoyance when trying to dial a 1800 number and navigate through the prompts..
everything works as it should...
except facebook contacts..
They still dont sync.
So this cannot be an issue with the phone.. but with facebook itself no??

atleast all the other issues i have are fixed.. by my goodness why doesnt facebook sync!

OP
H

Hess66

Reaction score
My phone finally sync the contacts after like 16hrs and tooks another 10hrs or so to get the pics beside the names.
Thanks for the replies

louy99

Reaction score
Sounds like an app problem

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

PeachTree1521

Reaction score
My phone finally sync the contacts after like 16hrs and tooks another 10hrs or so to get the pics beside the names.
Thanks for the replies

How did you get it to do this? I've been trying for a week now. I had to do a factory reset on my phone, and it brought up the new software, and now I can't sync fb to contacts and noone's pics are showing up. It's so frustrating!