Facebook/Contact Synch

SorenW

Reaction score
What in the contact list causes the contact to synch with facebook? Is it the email address, phone number or what? I have a couple contacts that I have as friends on facebook, but the contact list doesnt show their status or picture.

OP
SorenW

SorenW

Reaction score
Not quite the answer I was looking for. I have some people in my contact list that are friends on FaceBook, but their data isnt synching with Facebook, but most others are. So, something about that contact has to trigger what to look for on FaceBook.

xfireguru

Reaction score
Not quite the answer I was looking for. I have some people in my contact list that are friends on FaceBook, but their data isnt synching with Facebook, but most others are. So, something about that contact has to trigger what to look for on FaceBook.
What you can do for the few that won't auto-sync is:

Edit the contact that won't sync.
Press the menu (is that what it's called?) button.
Click Join.

It should suggest Facebook friends that are similar to the contact in question and then join them together...

sbakewell1101

Reaction score
facebook/contacts

that does not work for me it asks me to join with another contact, when i first synced my phone it brung in facebook contacts and some (2 or 3) have pictures) and none of the rest i have looked and made sure the names are the same, but if you think about it they should be the same already because most of the contacts it ported over from facebook i didn't have in my contacts in the first place? any additional help would be great?

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
my issue with the sync is, I prefer my contacts to be Lastname, Firstname.

I don't want to sort through

Bill Cosby
Bill Mahrer
Bill Murray
Billy Ray Syrus
Billy Mays
Billy Bobby

when I want Smith, Bill

Either way, Facebook contacts are that way First name last name

On some, like my brother, I edit the name from first-last, to last,first and it works and keeps his facebook pics, contacts, etc. However, some just will not change.

Is there a trick I'm missing?