1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Facebook contacts overwriting Outlook/Exchange contacts

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by fanway, Jan 19, 2011.

1. fanway

fanway New Member

This morning, my new Motorola Pro updated itself and is now exhibiting the following behavior:

- I have my phone synched with Exchange, for calendar, email and contacts. Exchange is my main contacts database,
    - I installed a Facebook app on the phone and during the process it notified me that it would be synching contacts with Facebook,
    - As of this latest update (2.26.60XT610.Verizon.en.US), it appears that all contacts that are on my phone, which also exist in Facebook, are overwritten by the Facebook app (not merged, but overwritten),
    - If contacts do not have their phone number on Facebook, I no longer have their phone number in my phone, even though it is in Exchange.

It seems I need to find a setting to cause the contacts to merge data instead of overwriting data.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Jason
  2. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    In the facebook settings you can tell it not to sync with your contacts. And I believe that if you unsync it then your contacts should go back to the original state. Or at least resync with your exchange account
Search tags for this page

excahnge overwritten contacts

facebook contacts overwrote outlook

galaxy contacts overwriten with facebook

galaxy s4 gmail contacts are being overwritten when syncing

keep facebook from overwriting my contacts

windows phone facebook contacts override outlook