Facebook app update!!

mikehal38

Reaction score
Notifications still do not work for me... Has anyone been able to get them to work?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been using Bloo for so long I forgot about the Facebook app until yesterday when it said there was an update. I'm gonna start using it exclusively to see how I like it. An extreme minor problem is that the shortest amount of time to check is 30 minutes; I'm used to 2 minutes. Probably better for me anyway.

FingersXG

Reaction score
The only reason I don't like the FB app is because you have to go to the browser to view pics.

I like Bloo, you click on the pic and can view it right in the app. If the FB app could do that, I would come back in a heartbeat!!

I've been able to view pictures within the app for the last couple of version at least.

There seems to be some weirdness if someone shares a picture from someone else's gallery, that takes me to the browser. The original post, however, opens the picture right in the app.

Hey! You're right! I just double checked that. Thank you for that! Now if only I could upload video it would be almost perfect!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

tehpriest

Reaction score
How come it doesn't flip to landscape when the phone is on it's side or in the dock? Sure it used to.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
How come it doesn't flip to landscape when the phone is on it's side or in the dock? Sure it used to.

I was just going to comment on that.

Comparing this app and Bloo it looks like Bloo updates quicker. I'm on my PC and both it and Bloo show the same top post, while Facebook is about 4 posts down. That's understandable as Bloo refreshes every 2 minutes vs Facebook's 30 minutes, but even if I press "Refresh" it only went to the 2nd one.

aldaudio

Reaction score
this FB is still severely lacking compared to the iPhone app, and I dont really understand why.

I like the update, but I could really care less about it showing the pictures at the bottom. I still don't understand why there's no chat. Like the fact that it actually shows who the person is in a relationship with. Wish you could get notification alerts for more than messages, friend requests, and event invites.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to use Facebook instead of Bloo, but it's just not happening.

Facebook has no Landscape mode
Facebook has to go to its mobile website for stuff, which has to be enlarged to see anything
I have yet to get a notification on Facebook, even when I turn the phone on in the morning. The notifications are set up, but nothing's happening.

In its favor, I'm able to open a link in a post, which Bloo can't do. Also, I see less Farmville announcements in Facebook's feed.