Facebook Chat

michaelearth

Reaction score
When i am signed into facebook chat through the official FB application and someone tries to chat with me when im not in the app and my screen is off for some reason i dont get the notification for it. Then hours later when i go on my laptop and log on FB it shows the chat windows but they never showed up on my phone.

Anyone else have this problem and have a solution?

thanks

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
I have same problem. I always have to make sure I close the FB app so no one messages me. The FB app sucks.

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
I don't even use the Official FB app anymore, it seems pretty much useless. The "touch" version in the browser works 100 times better then the app. And I use "Go Chat" for chatting.

xlizzy67x

Reaction score
That's happened to me too...when I'm on a computer on fb, I always set the chat to offline...if you select the chat now thing then press menu, there's a "go offline" option...I've been doin that... I guess if its really important to talk to u, they can send u a message...you'll get a notification for that :) lol
Take it, leave it, whatever lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
the official app isn't as intuitive as many hope. I know there are some more preferred facebook apps out there but off the top of my head I don't know them.

grnidkjun

Reaction score
I use Shape Services IM+ for chat, and go to facebook mobile site.
I find that to be a lot easier. They have a version for android.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OP, same issue here. I'll log on onto my computer hours later and see that I had messages from as far back as a day or 2 before. Yet they never show up on my device.

The FB does indeed stink for Android.