Extra's From Verizon???

Larr

Reaction score
Morning!

Plan on buying a droid before Christmas (hoping verizon will match TMobiles new pricing). Hard to believe I have made it this long without getting a phone. (I did have a company Storm for about six months; didn't really have problems other than it regularly rebooting.) Two of my son's have the G1 and they are both pretty impressed with it.

Saw a pretty lengthy discussion here about problems with the GPS...Hope that's not the case in Atlanta!

But a question about Verizon and "new" customers. Are they willing to offer anything "extra" to entice someone to sign today??? Or, is it just like a menu at Burger King (Combo #3 for $5.95)

Thanks! Larr

phoenixdroid

Reaction score
I think it is basically Burger King for the cell phone. If someone else knows otherwise, I am sure they will post. Of course there is the "new every 2" deal where you get the rebate, but other than that, I am not aware of anything.

For pricing do you mean with services? I personally wouldn't hold my breath, but stranger things have happened.

I am nowhere near Atlanta (I am in Phoenix) but I have had no problems with the GPS. I was out one night and just to mess with it I would purposely make a wrong turn based on what I knew it was telling me. Nearly immediately it would come back with new directions to "correct my error" so to speak. I was very very impressed.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got a package deal for accessories with my DROID.... better than nothing.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Holster and Dock - Free :)

thelastjedi76

Reaction score
Ok.. BacknBlack... Lets have it... how did you do it? (Free holster & dock)

Did you know somebody at the phone store or did you just bring your kneepads?

I got my Droid today.. so far I am happy with it..

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Ok.. BacknBlack... Lets have it... how did you do it? (Free holster & dock)

Did you know somebody at the phone store or did you just bring your kneepads?

I got my Droid today.. so far I am happy with it..

Been going to the same store and sales rep for about 12 years...
Have 5 lines....

vonfink13

Reaction score
after working with verizon and best buy i ended up getting my droid for around $20...verizon gave me $50 off the phone and found another way to credit my acct for close to $90..best buy matched the sears deal of $149...just be cool to the person at the store and on the phone...if they cant help you, politely ask for a manager...tell em you are torn between the i-phone and the droid.....i have been a verizon customer with three lines for many, many years...it worked for me...good luck

meh8036

Reaction score
i switched from an iphone to the droid and they threw in $100 dollars worth of free stuff to "offset" my early termination with AT&T... I ended up only wanting about $60 worth of stuff so they through the extra 40 on as credit towards my first bill... it was better than nothing i guess