Extracting contacts from internal memory via Windows

jimabf

Reaction score
Hello. New to the forum though I've been lurking for awhile.

I destroyed the screen on my Incredible and need to get access to my contacts. Unfortunately these were not backed up to Google or exported to SD. Obviously I can't do that now because I can't see what I'm selecting on the LCD. The phone works fine other than that.

What I would like to do is find the files in whatever form they're in and just cut/paste onto my new Thunderbolt. All contents from internal and SD storage are available. Does anyone know how to do this? Again, they are NOT in my gmail contact list and since I didn't export I don't think there is a vsd (or vcd?) file.

Thanks for the help.

smtom

Reaction score
This is a guess. Mount device as a drive to PC, use the PC search function to locate a known contact name, then copy files from that file path to PC.
Recommend backing them up to SD and or the cloud on new device.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
J

jimabf

Reaction score
It doesn't look like the contacts have the name in the file name. I se no trace of them but they've got to be there somewhere.

smtom

Reaction score
Not searching for a file name, but a name in the contacts for the file path to copy to PC.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
J

jimabf

Reaction score
I still can't find them. Anyone know where these are saved locally if not uploaded to the cloud or backed up to SD?