Extra $$ For 1 Year Contract?? Would You?

Would You Fork Over The Extra Moolah?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Depends on the cost of the phone I want.

• Total voters

bhall238

Reaction score
Something I am wondering...I picked up the March Buyers Guide for Mobile at Best Buy this weekend featuring the Thunuderbolt and noticed they only list the price for either 2 years or else you pay full retail. The same choices were shown for all the other phones in the brochure. When I was looking at the Iphone with Verizon on the VZW site, you could get either 2 years at a discount or pay full retail. Is this where we're headed, the end of the 1 year contract? I don't like the idea of being locked in any more for 2 years but I can't quite get used to the idea of paying $750 for a phone every year either.

OP
Murker

Murker

Reaction score
Something I am wondering...I picked up the March Buyers Guide for Mobile at Best Buy this weekend featuring the Thunuderbolt and noticed they only list the price for either 2 years or else you pay full retail. The same choices were shown for all the other phones in the brochure. When I was looking at the Iphone with Verizon on the VZW site, you could get either 2 years at a discount or pay full retail. Is this where we're headed, the end of the 1 year contract? I don't like the idea of being locked in any more for 2 years but I can't quite get used to the idea of paying $750 for a phone every year either.

For me, $750 for a phone is NOT going to happen. I don't care how great it is. And if 1 year contracts are going away, they better have some kind of compensation or I'll be switching carriers unfortunately.

It has to balance out somewhere.

shortsxit

Reaction score

Best Buy doesn't do 1 year contracts and nobody can do 1 years for the iPhone. Verizon still does for all other phones.

bladerealm124

Reaction score
Do you know if they'll be doing them for the Thunderbolt? I can't find a definite answer or price on this, called 2 verizon stores today and both were clueless