External Speaker

indee2025

Reaction score
I've owned several of the Droid models (Droid X, Droid Pro, Droid, Droid Incredible 2, Droid Bionic) also the Htc Thunderbolt, etc, and now the Droid Razr....

There always seems to be something about each model that is a "flaw" such as the Droid X had some touchscreen issues, the Bionic some 4G dropouts etc...

I recently bought a Droid Razr from a third party and at a good price (just under $300 off contract) and the device is incredible, I don't even feel the need to root it (believe it or not) but the speaker is TERRIBLE! Certain ring tones such as the digital ring sound fine while others such as a few of the droid blends such as droid 3, droid x, droid speaks tones sound like they're rising from the bottom of a bowl of pops cereal......is this standard? Is the speaker quality terrible as a necessary sacrifice for it's width? (or lack there of width)

I only ask because the current threads I see seems to give a mixture of results and nothing definitive that tells me I should try to replace the speaker, which also concerns me as I've heard when you crack this device open the battery stops charging and you will get a question mark instead of starting the software. Any thoughts?

monkey_man

Reaction score
AFAIK razr maxx is more treblish compared to Bionic with standard audio effect. As long as it doesn't crackle aka blown speaker, then you should be fine rather than risking opening the phone up. I chose extreme bass audio effect to give the Droid Notificiation abit bass.