External speaker sounds distorted

metalhead

Reaction score
Anybody else have a problem with the external speaker sounding distorted? If I use the speaker during calls I can hardly understand what's being said. I went thru 6 Droid incredibles with speaker problems and hope this is an isolated case. What do you think?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
metalhead said:
Anybody else have a problem with the external speaker sounding distorted? If I use the speaker during calls I can hardly understand what's being said. I went thru 6 Droid incredibles with speaker problems and hope this is an isolated case. What do you think?

Well, yes and no. I personally have not had this issue, have you tried turning down the volume slightly?? I know.... just have to ask lol.

There is an Issue where the external speaker quits working. And in my experience, I can tell you that a faulty connection to a speaker can cause it to distort. Try running your finger over the speaker port area, see if it does anything to rectify the distortion.

Hope this helps????

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Parzec

Reaction score
Me too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR maxx from Droid Forums

tomad9

Reaction score
I had 2 maxx and both have done it on max volume. Tried a couple in the store and did the same. I found that just lower it 1 notch and it goes away.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
tomad9 said:
I had 2 maxx and both have done it on max volume. Tried a couple in the store and did the same. I found that just lower it 1 notch and it goes away.

In this case its called over modulation. You could try going into settings, sound, and scroll down to media audio effects, phone speaker. Its set at default to BASS PUNCH. Try putting on something like BALANCED. Its asking alot of a small tweeter to take the boom of some peoples voices. Try this, I'll bet it helps

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Parzec

Reaction score
In this case its called over modulation. You could try going into settings, sound, and scroll down to media audio effects, phone speaker. Its set at default to BASS PUNCH. Try putting on something like BALANCED. Its asking alot of a small tweeter to take the boom of some peoples voices. Try this, I'll bet it helps

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Thanks for the tip! I didn't even know it had equalizer settings

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Parzec said:
Thanks for the tip! I didn't even know it had equalizer settings

No problem, it's pretty limited but the bass punch is hard on the little speakers in these things. Its not like these are black widows or earthquake 20's lol.

You'll also find that its usable for adjusting the sound to your headphones...

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score

My first razr out of box had blown speaker reciever speaker..
As for the external ...i would not recommend ANY phone use effects to louden the speaker... especially bass.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
droid2drummer said:
My first razr out of box had blown speaker reciever speaker..
As for the external ...i would not recommend ANY phone use effects to louden the speaker... especially bass.

I agree, but these are built in. Its not like they're boosting the pre amp in Poweramp.

Not to be taken lightly... lol. It only takes a second to tear the cone.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah i never understood the built in audio manager...this is crazy.. and i never notice the built in loudspeaker sound difference with the punch or extreme... they have no reflex for it...lol

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
droid2drummer said:
Yeah i never understood the built in audio manager...this is crazy.. and i never notice the built in loudspeaker sound difference with the punch or extreme... they have no reflex for it...lol

I hear ya... hard to get reflex out of something built this cheaply. I can't say small because I've seen tiny ceramic speakers that would carry highs that make a dog whine lol.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
M

metalhead

Reaction score

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Thanks for the tip, I didn't even know that was there. Tried it and I think it's to late for mine. If I get another one I will defiinitely change that right away!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
metalhead said:
Thanks for the tip, I didn't even know that was there. Tried it and I think it's to late for mine. If I get another one I will defiinitely change that right away!

No problem... sorry its to late...

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah man... it is almost devious they send them out like that ( boost on) makes for a great return for damaged product.. in the end costing them more money and asurion ..lol

Reaction score
Think this thread just saved mine. Much appreciated guys, didn't even notice that setting!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2