Extended battery?

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting an extended battery the question i have is it worth it an does it make the bionic look like a pregnant cow?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're talking about the one Verizon sells, it adds 1/8" to the thickness and 1oz to the weight.

And yes, an extended battery is worth it.

Last edited:
OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're talking about the one Verizon sells, it adds 1/8" to the thickness and 1oz to the weight.

Is there more than one type of extended battery?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes there is. Other than the Motorola one that Verizon sells two other companies make them.

Mugen makes two types, slim extended and regular extended. The slim version is 2000 mAh and costs about $45, but won't add to the size. In fact, you use the original door. The regular extended is $88 at 4000mAh and is thicker.

Seidio also makes one which is 3500mAh for $66. It's also thicker.

Last edited:

LoneWolf15

Reaction score
The Motorola extended battery definitely increases phone thickness.

It doesn't make it less comfortable though. I'm glad I got mine during the half -off sale VZ had.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
One more thing; if you have the multimedia dock, only the Moto (or Mugen slim) extended battery will fit.

Last edited:
OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
One more thing; if you have the multimedia dock, only the Moto (or Mugen slim) extended battery will fit.

Ok thanks for ur guys input lol i thought the extend battery would make it look like htc thunderbolt with its extended battery but apparently not

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks for ur guys input lol i thought the extend battery would make it look like htc thunderbolt with its extended battery but apparently not

When I had the OG Droid the Seidio extended battery was so thick you could used it as a stand so you could watch movies on the phone. :D The problem with the Seidio and the OG Droid was that neither the OS Eclair nor Froyo was able to read the battery. It would give you a "Hey, you gotta plug in now as it's 15%" message way early. The only way to get a reading was use the Battery Left widget set for Voltage. If it read 4200mV it was full and at 3500mV you'd better find a charger. Gingerbread seems to work better with no-OEM batteries.

While the Motorola extended battery does increase the thickness, it's not by much (1/8" by my measurement). Since it slopes at the camera side, you can see the difference between the original thickness and how much the extended battery adds.

View attachment 46997

Last edited:

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
It's well worth it regardless of the size. I dont even bother to check my battery level anymore when using my phone. It easily lasts 2 days.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting an extended battery the question i have is it worth it an does it make the bionic look like a pregnant cow?

The ext battery is absolutely worth it! I use it (Moto ext battery) along with the Juice Defender app, awesome battery life! Use the phone heavily... Calls, browser, music and some video... Was a great add! Good luck.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk