Exchange synch and 2.2. Worse now than before?

ChadJ55

Reaction score
After the 2.2 upgrade, my exchange synch notifications are working worse now than they were the last couple weeks with 2.1. It had actually been working rather well. I am still resisting installing Touchdown in hopes Motorola can make this thing work properly. Anyone else experience a delcine in the reliability of your email notifications? I keep going in to my exchange inbox and three or four new messages will come in when it syncs. Just like it was a few weeks back with 2.1. Ugh. Email is set to push.

mndwalsh

Reaction score
After the 2.2 upgrade, my exchange synch notifications are working worse now than they were the last couple weeks with 2.1. It had actually been working rather well. I am still resisting installing Touchdown in hopes Motorola can make this thing work properly. Anyone else experience a delcine in the reliability of your email notifications? I keep going in to my exchange inbox and three or four new messages will come in when it syncs. Just like it was a few weeks back with 2.1. Ugh. Email is set to push.

I was looking forward to using the native exchange when I purchased the DX (previous T-mobile G1 and touchdown). Took about 3 hours before I started having problems with the app and went back to Touchdown and it has been solid. Got the 2.3 download and before I applied I removed touchdown, installed 2.3 and setup the native email again. This time it took about 5 hours before messages stopped coming in. Installed Touchdown again and have no problem. Ran them side by side for a while and I will be using touchdown from now on..............until I try again...........