Frustrating Exchange problem and weird, undesired, fix

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by PaulQ, Nov 23, 2010.

1. PaulQ

PaulQ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a problem where it seemed like email was not being pushed to my phone (Exchange). It was so frustrating that I was thinking of returning the phone.

I spent HOURS playing with all the settings, rebooting, etc. but no luck.

I decided to install the "Touchdown" email app in a last ditch effort to replace the built in email system.

Two things happened: (1) I got my Exchange email immediately in both the native and Touchdown email client and (2) I got two notifications, one from native and one from Touchdown.

So I played around with the settings... lost both notifications... and I think I figured the combination out that gives you just the native notification.

Exhausting.

If anyone else has had experience with failed Exchange notifications and figured out a way to fix it other than installing a second email client, please let me know.

Thanks.

EDIT: It doesn't work anymore. :(

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  2. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wait, is the problem a lack of notifications or a lack of email? You seemed to say both in the OP.

Touchdown has a log file. Are there any errors in it? I'm not sure if the stock app has something comparable.

Have you checked with your Exchange admin?

3. PaulQ

PaulQ Member

Ratings:
    +0

It's both. The mail doesn't come in until I manually sync. BUT I am working on a real solution. I'll post back when I get the results. Thanks!

Search tags for this page

android exchange log file htc dna

fix problems with touchdown app