Exchange server and droid2 global

fremont_seattle

Reaction score
Sooo frustrated with Droid! I have to use an exchange account at work for email and calendar and this has never worked on this new phone. Calendar won't sync with the server. Spent 4 hours between Verizon and Motorola without a fix. At the Verizon store I was told to download touchdown (for$ 20!). Now my calendar syncs, but the calendar view is awful (and can't seem to change it). Looking at the forums this is a known problem. I have spent hours trying to set up my phone to do basic functions, it drives me crazy! Any suggestions??? I'm starting to miss my i-phone....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

ludybelle

Reaction score
Exchange program

I totally feel your frustration, I've been going through the same thing with my husband's phone and email. Spend about 3 days trying to find a solution. Finally downloaded Moxier Mail exchange app on his phone. The setup wasn't hard but you will get some settings from your IT person regarding your email server.
I'm not sure how it works for anything else but email (he doesn't use calendar etc) but those are included in the app too.
Bad news after 2weeks trial (at least you can try it out) you have to buy it for another $20.
Hope this helps.

nateccnn

Reaction score
Why would Verizon or Motorola support your Exchange Server setup?

Trust me, it works. I've been using it for over 2 years without a single problem that was not created by me typing something in incorrectly. It is not a known problem...it is a topic discussed regularly.

In order for any Android based phone to connect to your Exchange Server, the server has to be set up to allow it. This requires Active Sync to be set up and configured correctly. You do not use the POP3/SMTP services to connect...you use Active Sync. And the desktop Outlook Client should use the Exchange Mode so that it is not deleting emails and calander items once they are downloaded.

So many "IT Pros" have no clue how to set it up. It amazes me. This technology has been around since Exchange 2003 yet so many are set up incoreectly and the client support is next to nothing. People just can't wrap their heads around cloud based syncing. They still want to use a USB sync cord.

If you need specific help, just ask a question and I'll try to help. Trust me...you do not need Touchdown to fix this. But that seems to be the quick answer from people who do not understand how Exchange works.

Nate

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Get Touchdown, They have a 30 day trial and it works with exchange 100%

MikePDaTruth

Reaction score
nateccnn is 100% correct. You should not need Touchdown - or any additional software, for that matter - to sync your D2G with your Exchange account. As long as you know your corporate User-id, password, Email address, server address, and domain, your calendar, contacts, and Emails should all sync out of the box. I copied this information over from my iPod touch to my R2D2 and I've had zero issues since day one.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You don't need Touchdown. However, you may not want to use whatever stock app you have that supports Exchange. If you're not happy with the stock app or Touchdown then try another. Moxier was mentioned above. RoadSync is another option among the others out there. It might help if you clearly specified what you're looking for since you mention that you don't like Touchdown's calendar view.

Now my calendar syncs, but the calendar view is awful (and can't seem to change it). Looking at the forums this is a known problem.
What's a known problem? Touchdown's calendar view or your initial sync issue? You can definitely change Touchdown's calendar view. It has several.

Why would Verizon or Motorola support your Exchange Server setup?
They don't have to support the setup but they do have to support the stock client if the proper settings are used. I suspect the settings are the problem but it's odd that Touchdown works for the OP unless Touchdown is somehow better equipped to sort out the settings for the user (possible, from looking at other Exchange threads).

So many "IT Pros" have no clue how to set it up. It amazes me.
Why would you expect them all to know? We specialize just as in any other field. Not all shops support ActiveSync or are new to it. "IT Pro" and "ActiveSync pro" aren't the same thing. Certainly, there are those in both groups though.

Last edited:

brendanenglish

Reaction score
How to set up Exchange ActiveSync

I keep seeing a trend of making sure Exchange Active Sync is properly set up. Can anyone help me with setting this up? Or is this something I need to get in contact with my IT guy and get him to set up. I travel occasionally and I'm really frustrated that I have to lug a laptop just to check my email on a long weekend.

brendanenglish

Reaction score
Fixed

Thanks for the info guys. I just tried adding through the corporate account and everything is a success. Glad I decided to finally pay attention and read.

Addendum: For some reason the emails are coming through but aren't actually saving to the inbox folders. So I can view them when they initially come through, but not after I close the message.

Addendum 2: I can't access all of my folders when setting up through either touchdown or corporate account in my accounts. I must be doing something wrong but what?

Last edited: