1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Exchange not working off site with Droid and Touchdown

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by Dean_53, May 19, 2010.

1. Dean_53

Dean_53 New Member

I have tried searching on this forum, so if there is something out there forgive me. I installed Touchdown and it works great while I am on my work premises and am accessing the wireless at work. Once I get back home or anywhere else, I cannot access my Exchange email. Is there a specific setting I need to set on Touchdown or somewhere else in my Droid? I want to be able to access my Outlook calender and email when I am, not a work.

Thanks
    Dean
  2. REMilk

REMilk New Member

Companies I have worked for have two exchange server addresses; one for inside the firewall, and one for outside the firewall. In a prior life, I had a TREO and had to establish two accounts on the Treo, one for inside the firewall and one for outside. You may have run into a similar situation.

I suggest that you try to add a new account within Touchdown from your home network. This should give you the exchange server address that is outside the firewall. You may need to contact your company's tech support or network support get the correct exchange server name for use outside the firewall if Touchdown cannot resolve or find the name.

Good Luck,
    Bob
  3. takeshi

takeshi New Member

It's possible that the Exchange server isn't accessible at all outside the firewall or that you're limited to accessing it via certain methods (e.g. OWA). You'd need to confirm what your options are with IT or your Exchange admin. Not all Exchange servers are set up the same way so there's no one-size-fits-all answer.
  4. Deano_53

Deano_53 New Member

Thanks for the advice.

Still no luck.

I will find out if there is a different server that is external to being on-site
Search tags for this page
android exchange open ports
android touchdown firewall ports
android touchdown outside inside server
different ports exchange touchdown
exchange server android firewall ports
owa for android exchange firewall
touch down app not.sending email
touchdown android firewall port

touchdown email ports

touchdown exchange 2010 not working
touchdown for android exchange 2010