Email Apps - Which one or combo to use?!

eregalado

Reaction score
Originally I had trouble because I was unable to open, save, or forward attachments in email outside of my gmail. After all kinds of research in this forum, I ended up downloading several apps, hoping to find the perfect solution. I downloaded the following:

Astro
K-9 Email
Touchdown Exchange
Documents to go

I have 5 emails:
2 are gmail, 1 hotmail, 1 outlook, and 1 exchange.

I don't know if I can just simplify this and go with ONE or TWO apps to make this work for me! Exchange did not work on K-9, so that is why I went with Touchdown for that. Would you say Touchdown is better than K-9? And do I need both Astro and Documents to Go?

Is Documents to go a format for email as well?

There is just too much! I need help. My husband says I am obsessed with my phone because I spend so much time with my Droid!! :icon_eek:

rothfest

Reaction score
Originally I had trouble because I was unable to open, save, or forward attachments in email outside of my gmail. After all kinds of research in this forum, I ended up downloading several apps, hoping to find the perfect solution. I downloaded the following:

Astro
K-9 Email
Touchdown Exchange
Documents to go

I have 5 emails:
2 are gmail, 1 hotmail, 1 outlook, and 1 exchange.

I don't know if I can just simplify this and go with ONE or TWO apps to make this work for me! Exchange did not work on K-9, so that is why I went with Touchdown for that. Would you say Touchdown is better than K-9? And do I need both Astro and Documents to Go?

Is Documents to go a format for email as well?

There is just too much! I need help. My husband says I am obsessed with my phone because I spend so much time with my Droid!! :icon_eek:

Astro is a file manager so if you save attachments off of emails you can use that to find them later. Other than that it has nothing to do with email so much.

Outlook is a client app for exchange so your post is a little confusing, I awill assume they are both exchange mailboxes with activesync so... unless you accept a lot of meeting requests or move files between floders the bult in apps are fin... Touchdown is better if you want to drop the $.

The built in Gmail client is fine for your gmail accounts.

Docs to go will let you open MS office attachments from your email but other than that is not email related necessarily.

:)

OP
eregalado

eregalado

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

The Outlook account is actually a POP3 account not Exchange. And it works fine on the K-9. It's the Exchange I can't get on K-9. What do you think of K-9 Email as opposed to the native email on the Droid? Someone in a prior post said this app would help with opening and forwarding attachments.

I like Doc to go, but haven't bought the upgraded version yet. 's all

Its all getting confusing. I just don't want to over complicate things!