Exchange Email Question

Bill_Texas

Reaction score
Hello all, I am a new droid owner coming off of a Blackberry Storm. To be honest, I like the droid but am not as impressed as I thought I would be. One of my biggest problems has been getting my work exchange email set up. I have discovered that the only way I can do this is with a third party app such as Touchdown. Once I downloaded Touchdown, I was immediately able to set up my work email without problem. I am dissapointed that I cannot do this directly on my phone. I guess I don't understand why Touchdown makes it so simple, but I spent hour trying to use the native droid app and could not get it to work. I kept getting some weird error like "your phone does not have the security features needed to connect to the exchange server". I found that this is a known issue and the only resolution is to install Touchdown or another 3rd party app.

The Storm was much easier to set up work email using the Blackberry native application.

One of the big things I like about the droid is that it appears as if it will be supported for a long time. BlackBerry has already stopped supporting the original storm, hence the change to the droid.

Thanks for hearing me out. Bill

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
BB was made for email.....

I've used Touchdown since day 1 and could care less if they fix the native app.
It has all the functionality I need.

emlan

Reaction score
I feel your pain Bill.. I was a long time BB user now on Droid and the Exchange integration was a bit of a let down. I could connect to my Exchange server, but functionality was very limited. I, too, ended up paying for TouchDown and have been very happy with it.

For what it's worth, it appears that Exchange support will be improved within the 2.2 update. Here's an article that talks a little about it: Android 2.2 Platform Highlights | Android Developers

Not sure if it will be the cure all or if you really want to wait for the update prior to paying for TouchDown.