Every Droidier's Nightmare

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you survived it.

Just using a pouch for me, otherwise it's in the hand, or a dock.

HeroNova

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me the other day. Twice!! The first time I didn't clip it all the way into the holster and it popped out and the second time it fell out of my hand. fell about three feet both times and both times not a scratch on it. I have a screen protector but other than that the phone is naked.

wil318466

Reaction score
It seems that the problems occurr when peopel drop them and they land *on the corner* of the phone.

I haven't dropped the droid on a concrete surface yet. I'm dropped it on carpet and it was 100% fine. Cement/asphalt might be tougher, but I bet even then it would be fine, if it landed right.

If it lands on the corner, it'll probably shatter.

-Wil

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
Glad to hear your phone is okay. That would scare the crap out of me.

Every one of these posts makes my heart stop for a second!:icon_eek:

And as someone else mentioned, the phone landing on a corner seems to be what shatters the screen.

Zippster

Reaction score
Mine did a pretty good flip to the concrete floor of Home Depot but the body glove did its job and not a mark on it. :)

OP
E

elverdugo0

Reaction score
Second Fall, and again really scared.

I had my phone on my bed and I was about to get up and it fell once again face down on hard wood floor. And again, the phone doesn't disappoint me and not one scratch lands on the screen or anywhere else.

Sp3aK

Reaction score
I was a total goon and somehow managed to drop my phone coming out of the car. I was wearing some workout/wind-breaker type pants so I didn't have my hip case with me. Instead of putting it in my jacket pocket before I got out of the car I just got out with it in my hand. I really can't even remember what happened just that I watched the phone leave my hand and go straight to the ground face first (blacktop in a parking lot).

I freaked for a second (the day already wasn't going well). The battery cover came off (no scratch) and there was a few tiny chips on the front bezel (really just parts where the black paint came off).

I have a Zagg shield on the body of the phone but not the screen (long story short is crap was behind the cover when it got installed and wouldn't come off). Anyways I was very pissed (at myself) and scared but the phone is doing just fine. I have promptly gone and gotten the VZW screen protectors and will be much more careful about it being in a case or pocket when I'm moving around.

NickWgnr

Reaction score
Speaking of nightmares last night I did have a nightmare about my droid. It started with all the apps not working so I was flipping out and started to run to the store, while running I dropped it and smashed the phone into a bagillion pieces. When I woke up I ran over and held my baby for alittle... There has to be something wrong with me, haha.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

imiller913

Reaction score
that is good to hear that the droid make it through the fall with out a scratch.

hart.jordan

Reaction score
Wow... lucky break. I was walking the dog and stupid me was trying to text while holding the leash and when she took off after that squirlle hoop, there goes my DROID. Face first onto the concrete sidewalk... screen cracked in 6 different places, copmletely ruined. I honestly felt like I could cry and collapse right there on there sidewalk in front of the neighbors.

rod

Reaction score
last night i was getting into my truck. i reached into my back pocket to retrieve my droid and dropped it. i blame it on the frigid weather (when does south louisiana get into the lower 30s?). it fell a good four feet. from the sound of it, i thought i pooped a brick. wishing i had, i looked in horror to see it was my beloved droid. i got back out of the truck, cursing myself, picked up the phone and..... all was well! a couple scratches from the concrete on the metal casing, but the screen was fine! no protective casing (as i lost half of the one i bought with the original purchase on one drunken night). nice to know this phone can take a beating, not that i plan on repeating the experience,