i fell on my droid!!

lennywc

Reaction score
I was on my bicycle the other morning and I took a fall. I had the Droid in a belt clip with the backside facing out. When I fell ,I landed on my left side where I hung the Droid from my belt, and my full body weight , 190 lbs, landed on the phone. Fortunately the ground was soft soil. The phone impacted the dirt and dug in about an inch or so. The back battery cover popped off and the battery flipped out and the battery compartment became jammed with florida soil. I picked myself , the bike and the phone up and in my haste dropped the phone, from waist height onto the concrete sidewalk. I settled down and gathered all my implements of destruction to assess damages. I cleaned the dirt out of the Droid and readjusted the bags and derailuer of my bike. I imagined the phone to now be a dirty dinged brick. Well after I cleaned it up andput it back together it worked just fine. No problems. Never had a cell phone stand up to a beating such as that. Can you beat that?

OP
L

lennywc

Reaction score
droid mihap

No. Just one small scrape on a corner. This thing is tough!

OP
L

lennywc

Reaction score
droid mishap

Oh, I did buy the insurance. So, I was not sweating it.

IamReady

Reaction score
It certainly feels tough holding it in your hand. I am glad to hear that yours survived your "torture" test... oh, and that you survived as well! :)