HELP!!! PLEASE!!! Droid 4 battery fell out

debreena1

Reaction score
Hello!

My Question is... Can anyone help me retrieve my photos from my Motorola Droid 4? Details are below..

I dropped my phone a few days ago and the battery fell out, the battery states "DO NOT REMOVE BATTERY". I put it right back in and tried to turn it back on. After several failed attempts I plugged it into the charger, the Motorola logo appeared on the screen, but the phone never turned on. When I touch the battery it is warm not hot and if I unplug the phone the screen goes black. Verizon sent me a replacement phone, but when I transferred my SD card not all my photos were saved onto the card? I have no idea how that happened, but anyways I was told they must be on the phone that will not turn on. I've tried plugging the damaged phone up to my computer and the screen remains black, however the little LED green light comes. Is there anything I can do? or is there in place I can go to have the pictures transferred over? I'm located in the West Phoenix Arizona area.

briansis

Reaction score
The battery is held in by 2 screws, not sure how it could fall out. It also has a sticker on top of it that also would hold it in.

OP
D

debreena1

Reaction score
Theybattey is held in by 2 screws, not sure how it could fall out. It also has a sticker on top of it that also would hold it in.

It fell out when I dropped it... i was walking up my apartment steps when I tripped and fell, my phone slipped out of my hand and fell 3 floors down. The back popped off and cracked and im guessing from the impact of the fall it caused the battery to be ejected from the phone. Now that we've established that, can you help me or not?

kwyrt

Reaction score
It fell out when I dropped it... i was walking up my apartment steps when I tripped and fell, my phone slipped out of my hand and fell 3 floors down. The back popped off and cracked and im guessing from the impact of the fall it caused the battery to be ejected from the phone. Now that we've established that, can you help me or not?
If the problem really is just the battery connection you should be able to get the phone to power on and connect to your PC using a factory cable like the one found here: 5 ft Fastboot Motorola Factory Cable Unbrick for Xoom RAZR Droidx Kindle Fire HD | eBay. After a fall like that though, there may be more wrong than just the battery.