Email

bsbrowne

Reaction score
I just read in the FAQ section that the droid is not able to use either yahoo or hotmail as email, and the only way to do so is to pay for it. So becasue i have an email account through miscrosoft outlook does that mean i cant hook up my email on my phone. Or is there any way that i could somehow forward all my emails to my gmail account? What are my options here. Any help would be great. Thanks

Brandon

snoop5

Reaction score
I m a noob to droid and wondered if we have an email like blackberry did, @vzw.blackberry.net, is there an android one, thanks dancedroid

Reaction score
Nope, just whatever gmail you use as your market one.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

eolsauskas

Reaction score
Does anyone have information on how to request read receipts for emails I send from my droid?

Also how many email accounts can my droid have ( I only se an icon for my comcast, not the other one I tried to add )

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Does anyone have information on how to request read receipts for emails I send from my droid?

Also how many email accounts can my droid have ( I only se an icon for my comcast, not the other one I tried to add )

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Can't answer the question about read receipts for email. I know I used to be able to get "delivered" notification for SMS on my Blackberry, but that doesn't seem to work for the Pro even though I selected that notification in the menu selections.

As for how many accounts you can have on your Pro...good question...I have three other email accounts on my Pro other than gmail, but I don't remember seeing any thing stating how many email accounts you can have on your phone. All three have icons...try setting-up that account missing the icon again. You should have an icon for each account even if from the same provider.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Welcome to the forum. There should be a way to copy the email text. Once the email is open, hit the menu then more. Hit select text then copy and patse it. My original droid has that option, I'd imagine your pro does too. Another way is to have 2 emails, then just forward one to the other. Hope this helps.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
CJ has some good ideas and another way is when the email app is open longpress the text and then select copy all then go into another email and longpress the text box and hit paste. hope some of these suggestions can help

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Many thanks!! Your suggestion worked on GMail emails but not on AOL emails. However, sending AOL mail to Gmail worked. Muchas grassy-ass!!

You can use the Gmail app for your AOL emails and it'll save you some battery power. Here's how:

I don't know what email app you use, but try this. It saves battery power and in some cases emails arrive quicker. This scheme will have you using only the Gmail app on the phone for all email accounts whether they are pop3 accounts or Gmail. Go to the Google Gmail inbox on your computer and log into the Gmail account. On the top right of the screen is an option called Settings. In there is an option to have the Gmail program poll your regular, non-Gmail accounts. Provide the email address and the password. The Google Gmail program will then poll your other accounts on a frequency from 1-5 minutes and push the email immediately to your phone. The polling frequency is determined by each account's activity - more emails = faster polling. This saves battery power because on the android OS pop3 accounts are polled at a frequency of 1-30 minutes and that really eats battery. Because the phone goes and checks those accounts for mail whether there is mail there or not.

Prayer

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm always having to check my email. The thunderbolt isn't letting me know when I have mail. When I check I might have 10 emails. Help please thanks!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums